Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1(coin)medio penique masculine
- The money is a mess of pounds, quids, bobs, shillings, pence, ha'pence, etc that is almost as interesting as a picture puzzle - and about as hard to unravel.
- A 24-year-old hawker, formerly living in lodgings in Byron Street, Bradford and now of Salford, was found not guilty of silvering 24 pennies and nine halfpennies with intent to make them resemble florins and shillings.
- They also included a selection of threepenny bits, a 1916 halfpenny and a penny piece from 1921.
- Many were the pennies and halfpennies he used to collect, though I'm sorry to say that I and the other lads used to make fun of him.
- The penny piece is now worth less in real terms than either the farthing or the decimal halfpenny when they were withdrawn from circulation.
2(value)medio penique masculine→ rubfivepence halfpenny — cinco peniques y medio