The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en Español de nocivo
1(substance) nocivo(influence) pernicioso(influence) dañino(effect) perjudicialthese rays may be harmful to the eye/one's health — estos rayos pueden ser perjudiciales / dañinos para los ojos/la salud
- There are alternative fuels, some less harmful to the atmosphere and some which do no harm at all.
- The Thames has highly dangerous levels of e.coli and other harmful bacteria.
- CFC gas damages the ozone layer which protects the earth from harmful rays from the sun.
- It could be said that alcohol and tobacco are much more harmful drugs than either cocaine or heroin.
- Chocolate is legal and more effective and also has no harmful side-effects whatsoever.
- We learn patterns of behaviour there - some of which are useful, some of which are harmful.
- Are the more sexual representations merely offensive, or can they be genuinely harmful?
- It is quite a harmful chemical and may produce adverse reactions.
- My mother was so protective that now I feel it was actually quite harmful to me.
- More drugs fail clinical tests because of harmful effects on the liver than for any other reason.
- This is a highly controversial treatment and it is suggested that it might be harmful.
- It is the acidic environment produced by the harmful bugs that results in tooth decay.
- Pollution on our roads is far more harmful to us all than cigarette smoke will ever be.
- The lack of atmosphere also means there's no protection from harmful radiation in the solar wind.
- Not all these chemicals are healthy, not all are harmful, most can be either.
- From what I've been told smoking cannabis is allegedly less harmful than cigarettes.
- It is not unusual to find substances in illegal drugs that are much more harmful than the drugs themselves.
- High work demands and high mobilisation of efforts at work may not always indicate harmful stress.
- The lining of the stomach produces a B acid to help digest food and also protect from harmful bacteria.
- To restrict fluid to the extent of causing dehydration may even be harmful.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!