The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of rápido
adjective hastier, hastiest
1(quick)(glance/visit/meal) rápidoshe made a hasty exit — salió apresuradamente / a toda prisa
- A harbour is a valuable asset and it is to be hoped that no hasty decision is taken that we will regret later.
- It looked like I had made a hasty and unthinking attempt to hide the fact.
- A self-confessed soft spot for wine and women reputedly put a hasty end to his vocation, but he is still an ardent Christian.
- He said he had been banned from talking openly despite apologising to Mr Yacomeni and admitting he may have been hasty talking to the press.
- Other scenarios are about not jumping to the wrong, hasty conclusion: a lesson, it seems, we could all learn.
- About 30 minutes later I questioned my hasty departure and returned to check out the price.
- When Bill grabbed a large broom to fend off the one-metre long reptile, it reared up, sparking a hasty retreat from Bill.
- But the wider financial district was forced into a hasty evacuation last Tuesday in a terrifying fog of dust and smoke.
- I felt my heart begin to pound a bit faster, and took a hasty drink from my water glass to dispel my anxiety.
- Why has the Government taken such a hasty decision to restore the old order?
- Next day I discovered that in my hasty exit I left my favourite belt behind.
- It's too early and it's too different and we should be careful of making bad, hasty decisions.
- Frankie and Wes left the party rather abruptly after that, bidding hasty goodbyes and hurrying out to the car.
- Finally, Egoyan and Danna fielded a number of questions from the audience before making a hasty exit.
- One model-actress kept the children waiting for hours, and then made a hasty exit after five minutes.
- The campaign warns people not to let the caller in if they are suspicious, or to be pressured into a hasty decision and pay any money up front.
- Lawson might have been better off waiting for Edinburgh's new coach to be appointed before making any hasty decision.
- This, they hold, gives the man a chance to atone for any hasty decision he might have taken.
- Hegarty has already shown during his time at Aberdeen that he can get the best out of players and it was a hasty decision on their part to get rid of him.
- Last week, there were encouraging signs that the BBC would not be making any hasty decisions.
2(rash)(move/decision/judgment) precipitadoI think you're being rather too hasty — creo que te precipitas
- Dravid had missed out on a lovely batting surface in Multan, consumed on a rather hasty pull by Sami.
- The decision was not made in a hasty manner.
- Challenged to a repeat bet over the next decade, Ehrlich beat a hasty retreat.
- Why would you behave in a manner that we might call hasty later on?
- Those familiar with Bresson's oeuvre will know better than to jump to hasty conclusions.
- This aspect causes you to make hasty, sometimes regrettable decisions.
- Republican candidates are arguing that a hasty withdrawal from Iraq would endanger the United States.
- Apologizing for his hasty suggestion, JOH explained that a closer look at the patient's blood might provide a more accurate diagnosis.
- Passion marks all what you do this week: there are chances of your falling in love at first sight or getting into a hasty marriage.
- With these words he kissed the hand he still held and made a hasty departure.
- Things got worse when he was made an offer that he had to refuse and he made a hasty retreat.
- "Bible students" will be under significant pressure to make hasty decisions on the basis of carefully screened information.
- But in view of the weak financial conditions and low level of technology of the local entertainment industry, this optimism seems somewhat hasty.
- It looked as though I had been a little too hasty in getting nervous about the play!
- But the Prime Minister might have been a little hasty in serving notice to the Privy Council that "we are moving out."
- The newly formed In Defense of Freedom Coalition held a news conference on September 20 and released a statement expressing concern over hasty Congressional action.
- And Italy is wondering if it was too hasty in ratifying it.
- Try not to be shocked when this happens as it is only natural, and don't let yourself make any hasty decisions either.
- Yet other calamities could occur that might frighten governments and regulators into taking hasty action.
- Whereas the Court is still looked upon with suspicion for its hasty ruling on the 2000 Presidential election, we note a couple instances where it has affirmed common sense.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!