The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of alentar
1alentaranimarthey were heartened by the public's response — la respuesta del público los alentó / les dio ánimos
- For those who think the appreciation of old clocks will decline, Jeff has heartening news.
- I arrive home and am heartened by the sight of my dog sitting patiently in front of the gates awaiting my arrival.
- The only people who want to hear bad news are the people who are heartened by failure.
- This consistently upbeat catalogue song lists those relatively ordinary phenomena which exhilarate and hearten Maria, from raindrops on roses to doorbells and sleighbells to wild geese on moonlit flight.
- Bartley viewed himself as an optimist, and was heartened by what he had observed during his career.
- Our display attracted a lot of attention and we were heartened by kind words of support and encouragement that we received.
- I am heartened by the quality of our people and I feel confident of meeting any future challenges.
- And more importantly, there's a lot of reading going on right now: that heartens me.
- The vehement protest against the validity of these charges actually heartens me, and I'm beginning to think maybe I was wrong to level them.
- A factor which heartens them is the sprawling river bed, to a length of nearly seven kilometres and an average breadth of 200 metres.
- Mary Jane smells old leaves, and the dusty, familiar scent heartens her.
- How heartening it is to see that, just occasionally, the good people can still Make It Big, for all the right reasons.
- In the urban setting, where most of us live the most heartening thing I keep coming across is tarmac, and kids playing on it.
- How heartening it was to witness the hosts of students and their families at the University of York open day recently.
- How heartening it is in these cruel and trite times to know that real talent may still receive its just reward.
- The other heartening factor is that so many guys have shown what they can do.
- He is heartened too by the likelihood of last year's arrivals from the Nationwide, Bolton, Blackburn and Fulham staying up.
- I'm also heartened that more public servants have found the courage to come out and tell the truth about this government.
- The organizers of Saturday's antiwar protests in the US could not have been very heartened by the turnouts at the biggest events.
- He was heartened when they asked ‘tough’ questions at the interview about how he would do the job.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!