The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of ¡caray!
1heck! — ¡caray! informal, euphemistic
- what the heck! — ¡qué diablos!
- heck, no! — ¡ni hablar!
- to heck with waiting, I'm leaving — ¡qué esperar ni (que) niño muerto! yo me voy
- what/where/how the heck … ? — ¿qué/dónde/cómo diablos … ?
- I've one heck of a lot to do — tengo un montón de cosas que hacer
- this is one heck of a time to call me — ¡vaya horas de llamar!
- she's one heck of a woman — es una mujer fenomenal
- like / the heck he did! — ¡y un cuerno que lo hizo!
- he did it on his own — did he heck! — lo hizo solo — ¡qué lo va a hacer solo! / ¡y un cuerno!
- I wish to heck they'd shut up! — ¡por qué no se callarán de una puñetera vez!
- Jen mentions Jason's big question - how the heck do bloggers have the time to write so much stuff?
- Which brings up the inevitable question: What the heck has Bob been doing?
- Dex looked at me and gave a freaked out smile as to say where the heck did that question come from after one creepy long stare?
- Which begs the question: where the heck was Miller the first four weeks of the season?
- All that was going through my mind was a question asking what the heck he was doing.
- It shouldn't have taken mother that long to cook dinner, no matter what the heck she wanted to stick down my throat.
- She was just about to ask why the heck it should matter to him, when a scream of pain came from behind her.
- Just one question though - why the heck do they photoshop these girls so much?
- The question ruminating in my mind was: How the heck did they get all this?
- One question remains to this day: what the heck was Hawk doing during those 10 years?
- So, my question is: does that columnist know what the heck he is talking about?
- The question to ask is: What the heck does this have to do with being a glorified catalog retailer?
- The only question was, what the heck was she supposed to do about it?
- He didn't really think they were ugly, but why the heck did she ask a question like that?
- So the real question may be why the heck are we using corks to seal wine bottles anyway?
- Because in the final analysis the political is political and the truth of the matter is the personal should stay the heck out of it.
- But it mattered not, because wherever the heck we were, the place contained a charity shop!
- I looked at my parents questionably and wondered what the heck they could've been talking about.
- And who the heck was this beautiful, poisonous woman, for that matter?
- This was going to be one heck of a frustrating experience for the both of them.
- He's funny, sexy as hell, a heck of a nice guy, unmarried, good values, yadda yadda.
- That seems like a heck of a lot of money to sit on your butt all day.
- That's one heck of a fat lip.
- I surprised my parents, heck I even surprised Mrs. Morgan, the old lady next door.
- Flipping heck, dash it, and crumbs - I think I'm becoming a potty mouth.
- Flippin heck, this is in another class altogether.
- At Swedish weddings, the custom is to toast the bride, groom, bridesmaids and, well heck, anyone else who catches your eye, with schnapps.
- I'm sure many of these places could find new life - heck, I'd happily take a few over, renovate and re-use!
- But heck, it's fun, and if you've seen the movie, then you'd probably be interested in taking the test, too.
- The temptation to take a train to Stockholm… heck, even to Zagreb just seemed fascinating to me.
- I was going to quote only a part of it, but heck, it's all relevant so here it is.
- It's not an easy book, but, heck, there are plenty of easy books around.
- So, it may not be fruitful to do something like that, but heck, I'd try it.
- Oh heck, it could even be a combination of all the reasons.
- But heck, most women just buy them in quantity because they're gorgeous.
- It worked almost too well, resistance was indeed futile, but heck, they probably could've swore at me and the results would have been similar.
- But heck, I couldn't image pressing the 90 lb that I now do, a couple of years ago.
- OK, so we know it's bad to sunbathe, we have read about the damage to our skin, but heck, as soon as the sun shines it's out with the deck chair and face in full rays.
- I'm not sure the neighbours were too impressed, but heck - I was worshipping!
- I'm sure I'm making more of this than the event was worth but, heck, that's what weblogs are for.
- Yes, its not so original, but heck, I am sure you can relate to it.
- Don's family always remembers my birthday - heck, his mom even sends me a check each year.
- I can remember my mother going out in a see-through top 10 days after my sister was born and I thought, blinking heck.
- what the heck! — ¡qué diablos!
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!