The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of heliógrafo
- A heliograph was a communications system consisting of two mirrors on a tripod used to flash signals with sunlight.
- When we all got back to camp, our General communicated by heliograph from a distant mountain top with his superiors.
- Organised divers always carry some means of signalling their position at the surface, whether it be air-horn or flag, flare or heliograph, or combinations of two or more.
- Although visual signaling - wigwag, sun-powered heliograph, and observation balloons - remained important to the U.S. military, the Spanish-American War found commercial and military telegraph enjoying extensive use.
- Later, runners, telegraph, semaphore, heliograph and line were used to communicate.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!