The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en Español de hereje
1hereje masculino, femenino
- It clearly would cover any incitement of hatred by the religious against its heretics, apostates, or members of other faiths.
- He was also an ardent heretic and freethinker, maybe an out-and-out atheist, and a vocal defender of the ideas of Charles Darwin.
- The heretics Marcion and Valentinus believed that God was androgynous.
- Persecuting witches or merely criticizing nonbelievers (as infidels, heretics, pagans, or gentiles) can unite the Faithful.
- If the term ‘Christian’ is taken to include heretics, schismatics, and baptized apostates, it would still appear that most are damned.
- I am English, born in Britain, but I am referred to as a heretic, unbeliever, infidel, etc., because I am a Pagan.
- Can those of you who believe that pagans, Jews, heretics and schismatics can share in eternal life explain how you interpret this?
- Any uprisings caused by religious heretics could bring pain and suffering to the whole Jewish population.
- The Hussites, on the other hand, who broke away from the Holy Roman Empire in both political and religious senses, were heretics.
- With the exception of Pangloss, the three other heretics are burned at the stake.
- I think about Galileo dropping differently weighted things from the tower, only to be branded a heretic.
- The new religions exalt secular saints, enforce dogma, punish heretics, value self-sacrifice, and sanctify writings.
- Declared a heretic by the Pope he was banished from Rome and subsequently vanished, presumed murdered.
- Consequently those who came to believe that orthodox teaching was inadequate or wrong risked being declared heretics.
- Galileo was forced to repudiate his scientific knowledge lest he be declared a heretic by the official church.
- They sought regeneration - a regeneration we can liken to that of the medieval heretic or saint.
- Predictably, those trying to be midwives to these new theologies (note the plural) are being criticized as heretics, unorthodox, disturbers of the peace, etc.
- Care needs to be taken to distinguish between teachers that are misguided and those that are rank heretics who have rejected the faith.
- We went to a Catholic school; yet we were known to the nuns to be the children of heretics who had rejected the Pope's rulings.
- That was when people began to rebel against their unfair practises and that was when the Priests began condemning people to death, claiming they were heretics and rebels.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!