The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1(gambler)jugador empedernido masculinojugadora empedernida femenino
- State regulators on July 10 approved the MGM Grand Hotel Casino's application for Nevada's first private gambling salon for high rollers.
- Think casino gambling and you think high rollers playing high-stakes games, dropping thousands of dollars a night.
- Named after the Tipperary stud farm they own, it refers to a group of immensely rich Irish high rollers who are gamblers by nature, trade and inclination.
- The VIP room will be monitored by tuxedo-clad security personnel and will offer high rollers a private hors d' oeuvre buffet.
- For Miami's high rollers, looks and money will get you everywhere.
- They were both high rollers, spread money around lavishly and had female hangers on wherever they went.
- Mr Quinlan, whose backers are mainly Irish high rollers, has approached the investment bank NM Rothschild.
- I admit, I'm no high roller and the most gambling I've ever done is low stakes poker with friends, but I am completely baffled by the overwhelming popularity of Internet gambling.
- If you're feeling lucky, and are ready for a bit of casino action, try a night out with the high rollers at one of our sophisticated gambling spots.
- And then there are the high rollers, representing chambers of commerce, big business, the healthcare, banking, and insurance industries.
- But more than that it confirmed the deep public suspicion that politics is a rotten business and politicians are eternally on the take to the corporate and big union high rollers.
- Plush, opulent and somewhat decadent, it used to be a popular hang-out of the city's hip gay crowd; now it caters to high rollers and moneyed movers of all persuasions.
- The only thing most people know about the most famous course in Las Vegas, Shadow Creek, is that the high rollers play there for free.
- After all, hedge funds had long been seen as the province of the financial world's high rollers.
- She knew soon Jose Marcel would come down to the pit and check in with his dealers and meet the high rollers.
- A real T-shirt-and-jeans kind of guy, he certainly doesn't look like a high roller, but American Express Co. knows better.
- Sure, he still felt like a high roller every time he got a direct deposit on his nearly $75,000 salary - double what his buddies in his native Salt Lake City make.
- He was not a high roller, but he enjoyed fine things.
- But often, these expensive products end up sitting on the shelf, gathering dust, waiting for the high roller to walk in the door.
- Don't pull out your wallet unless you're a high roller: Minimum investment is $100,000.
2(big spender)derrochón masculinoderrochona femeninoshe's a high roller — gasta dinero como si fuera agua coloquial
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!