The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1the higher-ups — los de arriba informal
- Jones, for example, seems to feel as if he is overlooked by higher-ups within the organization.
- If anything, the problem was that we had too little guidance from higher-ups in the organization.
- But a manager checked with higher-ups and said that wasn't necessary.
- Do you think those higher-ups should be held accountable and should Law step down?
- Mostly, though, the committee has improved the way higher-ups communicate with employees.
- In the end, the Board opted for additional safeguards when an auditor joins a client, including a review of the next-year's audit by a higher-up in the accounting firm.
- Workplace speculation, often fueled by gaps in information provided by higher-ups, has caused no shortage of trouble in businesses around the world.
- She believes that higher-ups are attempting to make her the public face of failed leadership.
- Line-of-business managers may overlook risks or fail to alert higher-ups when they do see them.
- The paper's higher-ups say no, as you'd expect.
- He told me the case had again exposed fault-lines of principle between members of the military judicial service and higher-ups in the Pentagon and the White House.
- Most disturbing of all are his allegations that he repeatedly tried to get higher-ups to follow through and investigate.
- But no higher-ups beyond the brigade are likely to face criminal prosecution in this case now.
- At my old job, there were some higher-ups who I don't think even bothered to learn my name until I'd been there a couple of months.
- There's so many problems to juggle in the first year or two of a TV show, especially when there's a lot of higher-ups to please.
- She was looking for information, and she was chastised for doing that without getting permission from higher-ups.
- The municipal corporation has become a gold mine for its corrupt officials, with higher-ups shielding them for obvious reasons.
- Now it seems clear that higher-ups at the FBI suspected or knew he was a double agent as early as 1991.
- He agreed that if he could be convinced I wasn't a spy, he'd convince the higher-ups and arrange my release.
- In the age in which product placement counts as much as sporting prowess, their decision has angered higher-ups.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!