The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1(toy)(palo con cabeza de caballo) caballito masculine
2(favorite topic, obsession)caballo de batalla masculinemonotema masculineshe's (off) on her hobbyhorse again — ya empieza otra vez con la misma cantinela informal
- Warning the government to be prudent, and to remain prudent, may sound like my favourite hobby horse, - and it is, but there are sound reasons why I always carry on about not overshooting the main budget.
- It deals with one of my favourite hobby horses, Complexity Theory.
- The other omitted item, and I admit this is a bit of a personal hobby horse of mine, is that there is no mention of the Little Ice Age, though consequences for it abounding in these pages.
- ‘The whole business of communicating with families from sea has been a hobby horse of mine for a number of years, and we had fallen quite a long way behind people's expectation,’ he said.
- Yes, it's my old hobby horse - the Quality of Life.
- Indeed, when the leak story broke, he got right back on his favorite hobby horse and began railing against unauthorized leaks as if this never happened.
- A lot of green organisations have adopted recycling as their hobby horse despite the fact that many people have suggested that recycling involves a lot of energy to effect.
- And you asked about collaboration among researchers; that's actually a hobby horse of yours, isn't it?
- For those who don't know me, free speech is my biggest hobby horse.
- One of my little hobby horses is American cultural imperialism.
- It is a focus on the young which has been a very strong hobby horse of mine for my entire career.
- This brings me back to my old hobby horse and the stupid traffic system inflicted on the residents of Spelthorne.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!