The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
- When Douglas Hadow's boots were examined, it was found that the hobnails on their soles were worn almost smooth.
- Adults had hobnailed shoes, but hobnails were not found with children so they were bare-foot or wore un-nailed shoes.
- Of the other material categories, footwear is as likely to be absent as present - although without hobnails and suitable conditions for preservation, we cannot be certain about frequency.
- Leather shoes lasted no time at all without hobnails, and conversely, floors, whether of stone or wood, lasted no time at all without matting of some sort.
- A block away we hear the rumble of hobnails on cobblestone.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!