The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1(pipe)manguera femininemanga feminineMotor Vehicles manguito masculinea fire hose — una manguera contra incendios
- Than remove the drain hose from the drain line and place it, along with the inlet water hoses into the tube.
- Many have taken to hiding their garden hoses or to watering plants after dark so that few questions are asked.
- Water and fertilizer are dispersed to the plants via hoses, Y-connections and drip pins.
- Water and air are pumped at high pressure through hoses to a manifold to which the flexible hoses, which lead to the lances, are connected.
- At Coggeshall fire station, firefighters and their families swapped fire hoses for car wash hoses and brushes for their sponsored car wash.
- Flexible hoses deteriorate over time; wipe them with a dry rag to see if there is an odor of gasoline.
- Mound soil into foot-tall beds, then lay drip tubing or soaker hoses down the center.
- Tankers have to use floating hoses to connect with a single buoy mooring, which channel oil through subsea hoses to the pipelines.
- To make the clean up of large pots easier, Mattison has one oversized, deep sink and a faucet with a pullout nozzle and a flexible hose.
- Rainwater is far more beneficial for plants than water from your hose.
- A soaker hose waters the base of every plant, thereby minimizing black spot and mildew problems that often arise from wetting the leaves.
- Control the pests by blasting them from the plants with a strong jet of water from the hose and, if necessary, following up with insecticidal soap.
- As a last touch, I usually turn my water hose to a fine mist and give all my new plants a nice clean shower.
- At least 75 firefighters were using three hoses, three ground monitors and two aerial monitors at the scene at the height of the blaze.
- Firefighters used their hoses to clear oil from the road before it was reopened.
- Last week, Rous Water banned the use of sprinklers, soaker hoses and fixed hoses.
- Along the way, we passed a fire fighter using a hose to soak smouldering roots with water.
- The firefighters played their hoses over the blaze with no real effect, knowing the fire would have to burn itself out.
- For the moment the vegetables are watered by means of a hose, but a sprinkler system is in the process of being installed, funded by Region 4.
- Water left in the hoses can freeze and expand, causing faucets and connecting pipes inside your home to freeze and break.
2.1dated (socks)calcetines masculinemedias feminine Latin Americaa pair of gentlemen's hose — un par de calcetines de caballero
- He was clad in a royal-looking doublet, hose and an over-tunic, which bore a crest.
- Get sexy and lean for night with black fishnet hose as favored by Tom Ford for Yves Saint Laurent.
- If so, should you wear hose with them or brave the cold?
- Thinking some more, I think you should definitely go without the hose.
- Well, one day I decided to wear the hose with a pair slacks to work.
- What they thought of a young woman wearing mud splattered boots and hose, her hair plaited like a child's and in sore need of a bath, I did not know.
- She panted as she struggled out of her heels and hose.
- Pale pink toenails were visible through translucent hose.
(tights)calzas femininemalla feminine
1(water)(lawn/plants) (con manguera) regar
- The carcasses are then hosed with hot water and sprayed with vinegar.
- Surf lifesavers removed the 60 centimetre shark by hosing it with fresh water.
- You sit down, stand up or lie on a table as you are hosed with warm sea water in places that help your circulation, or in some cases simply make you giggle.
- Mr Armstrong hosed him down with water until firefighters and paramedics arrived.
- Prerinse clothing outdoors by spraying or hosing it; or presoak it in a suitable container such as a large bucket or tub; or use the prewash cycle of an automatic washer, with detergent.
- Garbage cans should be hosed regularly and sprayed with disinfectant to eliminate odors, as well as emptied often.
- The entire area can be hosed out with the water and dirt draining into a trough behind the rear seats.
- When the streets are hosed down and saturated participants have left, normality will resume for another year.
- Then they made us strip, hosed us down with cold water, and sprayed us with a delousing powder.
- The eco warriors received a frosty reception from staff - one of them hosing the protesters down with cold water.
- We removed the doors and the hotplates and everything that would detach, soaked them in acids and then hosed them down.
- Something else you should add to your list of helpful household hints is to turn the water off while you're not actually hosing the car.
- All this while shops in the CBD were wasting thousands of litres hosing the footpath.
- He claims that the pesticide Deosan Deosect was being hosed directly into the salmon pens, a substance which is banned in the marine environment as it is acutely toxic to aquatic life.
- Walls, stalls and cubicles needs to be hosed frequently.
- A rocket fired from a balcony signalled the fight's end one hour later, after which giddy participants hosed each other clean.
- She was squatting inside the trailer, which had a slick fiberglass coating so it could be easily hosed out.
- Construction workers had to be hosed off and treated for breathing problems after a chemical leak.
- The pavement was hosed down and all of the glue was removed.
- Sweep up winter debris, and hose or pressure-wash as necessary.
2(wash)(car) (con manguera) lavar
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!