The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en español de rehén
1rehén masculinoto take/hold sb hostage — tomar/tener a algn como rehén
- The blasts also triggered chaos inside the building, which a number of hostages seized upon as their cue to escape.
- Most of the child hostages who were seized by terrorists were reported to be alive.
- Yes, we cannot really impose on him a condition to leave his family behind as hostages.
- These rules made sense in an era when hijackers demanded money or held hostages for political purposes.
- He said they would free all the hostages if police released the rest of the detained protesters.
- The gang took the manager to his branch while holding the rest of his family hostage.
- Ten hostages have been released unharmed but five remain unaccounted for.
- Let me make clear that I join every other civilized person in hoping the hostages are released unharmed.
- Many of the 349 hostages now being treated in hospital are in a serious condition and could yet die.
- Scores of hostages from two dozen countries have been seized in the last four months.
- The army used microphones to urge the gunmen to release the hostages and surrender.
- They had become hostages at sea, where captives are more discreetly disposed of than anywhere else.
- Seventeen hostages remain in the jungle where they have been held captive for two and a half months.
- You have a known murderer, out from prison on license, who is holding hostages in a house.
- The grim find came just days after hopes were raised for three of the hostages as a new videotape of them was released.
- One of the four Italian hostages who worked for a security company was killed.
- Japan can breathe a momentary sigh of relief after the release of three Japanese hostages.
- The three hostages were rescued, although one is in serious condition in hospital.
- This was meant to pave the way for talks aimed at gaining the release of the hostages.
- Finally the vehicle was abandoned and the hostages were made to walk on foot.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!