The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en Español de huno
1Historiahuno masculinohuna femeninoAttila the Hun — Atila
- In the fourth century, the Huns, a nomadic people from central Asia, began attacking the German tribes.
- In the first two decades of the 5th century, the Huns arrived in central Europe and subjugated many Germanic peoples.
- But no one really knows what kind of language Hunnic was, which is odd considering what a big splash Attila and the Huns made across Asia and Europe in the 5th century AD.
- When Rome collapsed in the fifth century AD, Trieste was overrun by the Huns, and then fell under Byzantine rule.
- Attila assembled a huge army of several tens of thousands of Huns, Goths, Gepids, Heruls, and others, besieged and took Aquileia, and marched as far as Milan, which offered no resistance.
2despectivo, anticuado(Germans collectively)the Hun — los alemanes
- I remember when I was fighting the Hun in North Africa, and me and the boys used to sit around and compare notes from home.
- Patton was quick to volunteer for an unofficial expeditionary force to fight the Hun's skeletal legions.
- They have put on uniforms and been drilled into rude shape to fight the Hun in World War I.
- As full-fledged fighting men, they would now join in the fight against the Hun.
- Kiwis have always marched where empire dictated, be it to fight the Boer, the Hun or the Cong.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!