The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1boca de riego femininetoma de agua femininehidrante masculine Central America, Colombia
- Strewn across the street were the bodies of policemen and firemen; a hose snaked down the street from a hydrant out of sight, spouting water with nobody to man it.
- Outside on the streets the water hydrants dribbled miserably after entertaining shrieking Hispanic kids all day long in exuberant gushes.
- The fire brigade was called and tackled the blaze using water from street hydrants.
- During both fires, which occurred simultaneously at 11pm on Friday, firemen faced a severe shortage of water, leaking hoses and dry hydrants.
- A method for inspecting the integrity of a water pipeline system is disclosed wherein water hydrants can be used to access the system.
- Originally, extinguishing systems included hydrants and standpipes to assist manual efforts.
- Therefore, water can still be drawn from external sources such as hydrants, pipes, and wells.
- The buried valve allowing them to drain and avoid freezing can allow bacterially contaminated water to be drawn into the riser pipe leading to the hydrant.
- The fire hydrants at the complex were too old to provide enough water pressure so fire crews tapped into a 12-inch main nearby.
- Inadequate water pressure from the District's hydrants could be putting lives at risk.
- Up the street, other kids had turned on the hydrant.
- The hydrants were not working and the hoses the fire officers were using to extinguish the blaze were riddled with holes.
- In 1985, we installed buried irrigation pipes leading from the pond to fourteen hydrants.
- Kids open the hydrants to cool off without paying.
- The plaintiff accidentally struck a water hydrant whilst manoeuvring his vehicle, causing water to flow out.
- The firemen could not find the hydrants at first.
- Several hydrants were dry, including one hydrant located in the heart of the area affected by the fire.
- He said the installation of some 62 new hydrants would be completed by this week.
- The company intends to make the water hydrants more secure in future.
- There is a chance of residents losing water pressure and it can cause delays for us if we need the hydrants for firefighting.
- The problem of teenagers turning on emergency hydrants during this week's sunshine to cool off in the spray has become so serious in Salford that a government-led summit has been organised to discuss how to deal with the culprits.
2also fire hydrantboca de incendios feminineboca de riego feminine Spaintoma de agua femininehidrante de incendios masculine Central America, Colombiagrifo masculine Chile
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!