The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of inoportuno
- To use the occasion of his death to launch an attack on one aspect of his policy seems inappropriate, ill-timed, small-minded and tasteless.
- The criticism was ill-timed, but all we can do is win football games and this performance answered everybody.
- The scheme is ill-timed, ill-judged, ill-planned and ill-prepared.
- The ambition was laudable but the execution was marred by a series of ill-timed and increasingly expensive acquisitions.
- The April festival has been sunk by an ill-timed deluge of rain.
- Often those attempting something positive were scythed down by ill-timed interventions.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!