The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1to imbue sb with sth formal — imbuir a algn de algo
- James was imbued with many noble qualities which served him well and earned him enormous respect.
- It's an inspired album that is imbued with the warm spirit and gracious heart that is this family.
- He was a man of gentle and quiet disposition who was imbued with many noble qualities.
- Most do an excellent job of capturing the classic feel of the characters, and imbuing an epic quality into proceedings.
- Scenes are imbued with a hallucinatory quality, reminiscent of European art cinema.
- Always eager to reach out to others, especially the Jews, he was imbued with a deep agony over the suffering of others.
- They are qualities the current squad is imbued with, given their performances under pressure.
- We imbue the appreciation of art with some sort of Protestant work ethic and demand it does us good.
- A lady of gentle disposition and kind manner, Nora was imbued with a caring and compassionate nature.
- But his works are also imbued with social commentary, desperately wanting to make the world a better place.
- They played with control and flair in the first half, while the second half was imbued with indiscipline and scrappiness.
- Debt relief, too, is imbued with moral hazard: the worse a government behaves, the more it is rewarded.
- A gracious and pleasant lady, Delia was imbued with many fine and noble traits.
- Her eccentric characters are imbued with humanity, and the ending is stunning.
- Her books are also imbued with an ethos of tolerance and acceptance.
- People of Annie's generation were imbued with a great sense of country and patriotism.
- I spend a lot of time praying that they are imbued with greater wisdom.
- The rest of the squad are amateurs imbued with a professional attitude.
- Historical sites of revolutions are often imbued with an aura of romantic mystique.
- He is imbued with a quiet confidence, but he appreciates how precious that particular commodity is.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!