The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
- The window to my left bowed inwards, then imploded in a spray of bottle-green glass and the carriage jerked violently to the side under me, slamming me into the upholstered wall.
- The south tower collapsed on itself, imploding with a force that sent up a cloud of dust and debris so dense it could be seen by satellites orbiting Earth.
- The plasma flying out from the ablation layer implodes the fuel, compressing its density about a thousand times and causing it to burn.
- But very early on Monday morning, windows began to implode.
- The event horizon of the artificial black hole blew out, engulfing all six soldiers, before imploding with tremendous force.
- The controversy concerned the nature of black holes, those enigmatic objects created when a massive star runs out of fuel and implodes under its own immense weight.
- Kevin made a mad dash for the passageway as the room imploded.
- The panoramic window imploded, sending shards of glass flying in all directions.
- When stars have exhausted their nuclear fuel resources they implode at the centre, and expel their outer layers into space.
- If it were a little more curved it would collapse, imploding on itself in a cosmic crunch; a little less curved, and every star, planet, sun and galaxy would fly apart from each other and so would every atom of matter in each of them.
- This 110-storey monument to everything proud and American imploded, collapsing in on itself in a rising mountain of dust.
- They come down to flat ground and just implode, or smash into a tree.
- He could sense it the way a dog anticipates an eclipse, how it runs from room to room looking for the source of its unease, how it cowers as the sky clenches and implodes and darkness fills the room.
- In some cases, a gas dose, which normally caused blindness and imploding lungs, temporarily destroyed the cancer.
- Thought had been given to imploding the entire building but there were factors which prevented this, he said.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!