Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1gobierno indirecto masculine
- This policy of indirect rule left local political arrangements and traditions largely intact.
- The Belgians administered the territory through indirect rule, building on the Tutsi-dominated aristocratic hierarchy.
- Empires always involve a mixture of direct and indirect rule.
- In 1922 the British adopted a policy of indirect rule in which tribal leaders were invested with the responsibility of local administration and tax collection.
- Proponents argued that it was similar to indirect rule and trusteeship, which characterized British colonialism in Africa.