Learn English Grammar From A–Z
- In 1870 the First Vatican Council announced the dogma of papal infallibility on matters of faith and morals.
- Thus, infallibility is a negative charism, not a positive act of inspired prophecy.
- It's precisely what infallibility is for, to protect us from the stupidity of the Church's members.
- But being ‘chosen’ in that way is no guarantee of infallibility, much less of sanctity and ‘chosenness’ in the deepest sense of being a saint.
- I'm left dumbfounded when a Protestant asks me how I can pretend infallibility is not contradicted in light of this.