The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en Español de infanticidio
1(child killing)infanticidio masculino
- There are several offences of unlawful homicide: murder, manslaughter, infanticide and causing death by dangerous driving.
- Cases now treated as infanticide often involve extreme emotional disturbance, as do mercy killings, suicide pacts, and cases of duress.
- One deals with the postpartum depression defense for a mother accused of infanticide.
- Lord Goldsmith said 258 convictions of parents over 10 years for infanticide, murder and manslaughter were to be reviewed ‘as a matter of urgency’.
- A paediatrician argued that two infant deaths within the family made infanticide statistically almost certain, and that the episodes of hypernatraemia indicated salt poisoning.
- Abortion is the destruction of life after conception and before birth, whereas infanticide is the killing of new-born babies.
- A concealed pregnancy was considered tantamount to the crime of infanticide.
- So is it possible to say, leaving infanticide to one side, what kind of mothers do better under the legal system and which do worse?
- The vast majority of women who are charged under Britain's infanticide statute are convicted and then given probationary sentences, often with mandatory psychological counseling.
- Of course infanticide is a crime, but our treatment of it must be handled with compassion when such delicate issues as teenage pregnancy are involved.
- The death penalty applied to homicide, infanticide, rape, robbery, and a number of non-violent crimes, like theft.
- There were sixteen convictions for manslaughter (although the original charge had been murder), one for infanticide, and one for murder.
- Our practice and our thought recognize infanticide in the archetypal mother, its desire to smother, dissolve, mourn, bewitch, poison, and petrify.
- Murder and infanticide have been declared heinous crimes.
- Hence, if I go on to express my rejection of infanticide by saying that infanticide is wrong I am committed to rejecting abortion.
- Sometimes the check is the natural one of famine and plague; in other societies, systematic infanticide is practiced.
- But, in a country where female infanticide is practised and baby girls abandoned in dustbins, women chief ministers in five States is, nonetheless, remarkable.
- The practice of female infanticide in rural areas is alarming.
- Female infanticide was practised before the British arrived particularly among the high castes.
- Thanks to new laws and an aggressive intervention program, fewer girl children in Salem are being murdered, but the practice of female infanticide continues.
- In places where female infanticide was a customary practice, female foeticide has come in as a deadly substitute that is more convenient, less traumatic and equally effective.
- Psychologist Ilham al-Sarraf explained how Islam helped end the practice of female infanticide in the Middle East.
- Guru Gobind Singh issued orders forbidding the Khalsa having any association with those that practiced female infanticide.
- The tome documents historical cases when women were targeted for gendercide, including the practice of female infanticide, the witch-hunts in Europe, and war rapes.
- Female infanticide and discrimination is against the principles of liberty.
- There is a very widespread and accepted practice of infanticide in most countries.
- Female infanticide, sex selective abortions, and the abandonment and neglect of baby girls remained problems due to the traditional preference for sons, and the birth limitation policy.
- The practice of infanticide decreased since children could now be used in rudimentary agricultural tasks.
- Despite numerous measures taken by the Government, cases of female infanticide are reported from many areas.
- Female infanticide was common, and the practice of sati, the immolation of the wife on her husband's funeral pyre, was encouraged, sometimes even forced.
2(person)infanticida masculino, femenino
- The Euripidean portrait of Medea as an infanticide had roots in the folkloric paradigm of the child-killing demon.
- Saturn Devouring One of His Sons depicts the graphic and bloody dismemberment of a cannibalistic infanticide.
- Frenchwomen Ask Clemency for an Infanticide.
- Their vision of murderesses and female infanticides as victims and of their murders as motivated by self-defense was part of a strategy of systematic confrontation.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!