The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en Español de infinitesimal
1(very small)(quantity/difference) infinitesimal(quantity/difference) mínimo
- I seek leave to table from the New England Journal of Medicine a recent definitive study showing that intellectual impairment of children can occur even with extremely infinitesimal amounts of lead.
- It was a pause so infinitesimal that I almost didn't catch it, but I knew what I glimpsed.
- Minute, infinitesimal amounts of chemical contaminants crossing the placenta can cause cancer in young adults decades later.
- Or maybe, we fear that if we pause for even an infinitesimal second, someone else will grab our place and get ahead?
- There isn't a single person in all these millions, including the president of the pencil company, who contributes more than a tiny, infinitesimal bit of know-how.
- He blinked and rapidly adjusted the viewer's dials, but what seemed to be a tiny, almost infinitesimal flashing green light on one end of the diamond, did not disappear.
- There was an infinitesimal pause before the last word, as the principal tactfully searched for the right word, but an untrained ear wouldn't have noticed it.
- But now, increasingly, those infinitesimal aspects of everyday life, taken together, are seen to have a broader importance and even might be the keys to a certain kind of political action or subversion.
- It is fair to say that in the entire North Western area that the level of infrastructural investment has been infinitesimal in comparison to spending on the east coast.
- And that's critical to the analysis of the solar wind, the particles of which contain infinitesimal traces of the 83 naturally occurring elements.
- I don't have an explanation - I'd like to have one but I don't - but in the meantime, without evidence, the odds of your position being right are so infinitesimal as to be irrelevant.
- People worry more about infinitesimal risks they feel are imposed on them than they do about the more important ones they voluntarily bring upon themselves.
- So, living in London and desperately weak of will, you get poisoned by choice; overwhelming and almost infinitesimal choice.
- For whatever infinitesimal consolation it may offer, Wellstone could feel the victory coming.
- The rock is already slipping down by infinitesimal degrees.
- But the new puritans argue that any risk, no matter how infinitesimal, is intolerable.
- Really, what I want to do is impossible, for any listing of an endless series is doomed to be infinitesimal.
- The changes in timing a hit are almost laughably infinitesimal but are utterly crucial to the way the foil is used.
- There are infinitesimal numbers of cycles of improvement and degradation, one following the other like the phases of waxing and waning moons.
- Any way you look at it, the number is infinitesimal.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!