The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en Español de intercesión
1intercesión femeninointercession with sb for sb — intercesión ante algn por / en favor de algnintercession with sb on behalf of sb — intercesión ante algn por / en favor de algn
- With peer intercession, colleagues of the same status level in the organization are chosen from that nurse's department or another unit.
- Abduh was finally allowed back in Egypt in 1889, reportedly with Lord Cromer's intercession.
- Ayyoub, however, eventually managed to join the theatre institute thanks to the timely intercession of an enlightened, artistic uncle who wrote poetry and published several collections.
- But while Mandelson's intercession may have guaranteed Prescott the interim support of Brown, it inevitably increased the momentum against him.
- They are entitled to expect the intervention and, if necessary, intercession of their local councillor to vindicate their rights.
- The a la carte option is opposed by the U.S. cable industry and would require government intercession.
- Returned home he relates the incident, and only through his mother's intercession escapes a thrashing from his honest father, for telling a lie.
- In 1958, thanks to Charlton Heston's intercession, he was allowed to write and direct Touch of Evil.
- To a certain extent that paves the way for the European Union to occupy the vacuum, but so far its attempts at intercession have cut little ice.
- Many different stories circulated as to how this came about, the most famous involving the intercession of a certain ‘Lady Hope’.
- It goes with the territory and I don't seek a particular intercession on his behalf in relation to criticism.
- Besides Monferrato and parts of western Lombardy he received - through the intercession of the British negotiators - Sicily and the title of king that it conferred.
- It was only after the intercession of Margaret Atwood and David Suzuki (among others) that finally, a place was found for Mathews at SFU in the Department of Canadian Studies.
- ‘The Bulgarian nurses sentenced to death in Libya can only partially hope for the intercession of foreign leaders visiting Tripoli,’ the article said.
- It equips them to communicate, to criticise, to escape, or to interpret scripture, all without the intercession of the master-class.
- By this simple gesture I no longer belong to myself but am consecrated for the specific mission of being a woman of prayer and intercession for the Church.
- We should resolve to maintain prayer as a priority, cultivating a spirit of intercession, praying over all we do.
- Because of the doctrine of purgatory, the dead remained closely tied to the community of the living, linked by bonds of prayer and intercession.
- She had already received last rights but was healed after prayers of intercession for her healing.
- Had Moses' intercession brought bread from heaven and water from the rock?
- The wedding feast at Cana teaches us the importance of intercession.
- Who knows how many wounded hearts will be healed through our intercession?
- He dies on the spot for his crime, but all see his soul ascend to heaven thanks to Brendan's intercession.
- With his power and intercession, even when he seems distant, he is ready to help us carry our burdens.
- People ask about the varieties of prayer: petition, thanksgiving, praise, and intercession.
- The Calcutta archdiocese has sent the Vatican information on a supposedly miraculous cure through the intercession of Mother Teresa.
- After we have prayed for ourselves, let's get into intercession for others!
- People are still being cured through his intercession in ways that cannot be explained by medicine or science.
- If the Vatican then confirms a miracle has occurred after John Paul's death thanks to his intercession, he can be beatified.
- Every day I come across those who get on with the work that God has put them on earth to do without fussing, those who encourage, those who edify, those who live a life of intercession.
- The intercession of a thousand journalists is heard as Vatican officials clarify earlier comments and insist the Pope is no closer to the Next Life than he was 24 hours ago.
- Prayers and Masses sent her way (especially by any of you folk with a particular charism of intercession and healing) would be greatly appreciated!
- If your gift is intercession or healing, she could sure use your charism right now.
- On the periphery of my consciousness I could make out rows of weeping women throwing money and sprinkling rosewater at the tomb, while they made wishes, begged intercession for sick children, or just prayed.
- It's entirely through St. Anne's intercession and God's protection that this house is standing and that I am still alive.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!