The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en Español de intolerancia
1(toward people, ideas)intolerancia femeninointransigencia femeninoracial/religious intolerance — intolerancia racial/religiosa
- But, how could this be done without revisiting the World War I experience of oppressive intolerance?
- Only that link can effect the enormous changes needed and thwart the dark forces of intolerance that today threaten the fragile freedoms of the South.
- Some theorists expect that the same forces may also drive space colonization, as religious intolerance has not been eliminated in the centuries since these events.
- People are killing each other because of bigotry, fanaticism and prejudice, so why are we adding to the burden of intolerance?
- They are supposed to have been the epitome of self-righteousness and intolerance, a black stain on the history of the Catholic Church in particular and Western civilization in general.
- From the opening games, spectators and the general public have understood the message that racism, intolerance and discrimination have no place in the game.
- And, that issue aside, it is not intolerance to argue against opinions you think are wrong.
- Indeed, while the evidence is thin, it suggests that evangelical schools promote higher levels of civic engagement but also greater intolerance.
- It is a Muslim society that challenges stereotypes of Muslim puritanism, narrowness, and intolerance.
- Only that way can both adherents and innocents alike learn the wages of allowing their country to be hijacked by agents of intolerance.
- Who is going to help the victims of religious intolerance in Britain's immigrant communities?
- He can be sure that when he does, someone will accuse him of intolerance.
- This project introduces children to difficult issues such as racism and intolerance in our society.
- But such condemnation of violence and intolerance on campus is rarely backed up by facts and figures.
- By reaching out and protecting each other from intolerance and injustice, we hope to forge a better future for our children.
- The implication is that this is needless suffering or, even worse, suffering caused by human beings with their dogmatic religious intolerance.
- In their declaration, participants condemned all organisations and individuals promoting hatred or acts of racism, xenophobia, discrimination or intolerance.
- He beckoned us to be more understanding and tolerant, at a time when intolerance abounded.
2Biología Medicinaintolerancia femeninointolerance of anesthetics — intolerancia a la anestesia
- Fructose intolerance involves several non-specific symptoms such as bloating, abdominal pain and tension, gas, excess belching, and diarrhea.
- This insulin suppression testing was intended to identify the one third of the population who were most insulin resistant and most likely to develop glucose intolerance and cardiovascular disease.
- Of these, how many have been seen by a gastroenterologist before being labelled, and how many have had lactose intolerance excluded?
- The most common food intolerances are wheat or gluten, dairy, corn, soy, eggs and peanuts.
- We have continued to try and treat a variety of the problems that we see in these patients, one being the orthostatic intolerance.
- If you fail all the allergy tests, than a food intolerance is probably to blame.
- Adults from Eastern countries have, for genetic reasons, much lower levels of lactase, and so lactose intolerance, rather than milk intolerance is really the normal state.
- The replacement of milk with yogurt or fermented dairy products may allow for better digestion and decreased diarrhea and other symptoms associated with lactose intolerance.
- In this process the human proteins are inactivated and agglomerates are formed which may be the cause of the observed intolerance to the injection solutions.
- Consult with an allergist to pinpoint true food allergies and intolerances.
- It transpired that the child had weak bones caused by scurvy and certain dietary intolerances.
- The simplest (and cheapest) way to test your child for food intolerance is to remove the food from their diet for at least five days.
- There is a difference between wheat/gluten allergy (celiac disease) and wheat intolerance, but the foods we avoid are the same.
- A health practitioner should deal with wheat allergy or wheat intolerance, whether the allergy is manifested with products containing white flour or with products containing whole grain wheat.
- A fasting or elimination test can be performed to determine if diarrhea is caused by a food allergy or intolerance.
- No correlation of fasting glucose with birth weight was noted and there was a positive trend of glucose intolerance with increasing weight.
- Long-term intolerance, undiagnosed, can cause serious health problems.
- An increased sensitivity or intolerance to certain foods, may also contribute.
- People with coeliac disease have an intolerance to gluten.
- The campaign is to raise awareness of the problems associated with cow's milk intolerance.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!