The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1(turn upside down, reverse)invertir
- Today, we invert the stability and order of our world into an unstable and dangerous mirror image.
- In his letter On Humanism, Heidegger charges Sartre with merely inverting the Platonic order of essence and existence;
- The roof is essentially inverted or turned upside down compared to the standard roofing.
- To serve, cut around each slice of bread and serve each piece upside down with pineapple and juices on top (or invert the whole pan onto a large platter and cut into squares).
- Shakespeare suppresses matters irrelevant to his dramatic purpose, inverts the order of events, creates important roles for individuals of no historical importance, and telescopes lifetimes into single scenes.
- Before you invert the cake onto a serving plate simply place the pan on the stove on low heat for 30 seconds.
- Using oven mitts, carefully invert the pie onto a large serving plate.
- By building a construction yard within a completed building, the design inverts a logical order of events.
- The ocean is indeed a magical, mysterious place, a fluid-filled negative space where mountains lay upside down and inverted, and where myth and legend have been born and bred.
- I did the ‘snowplow’ the whole way down the bunny slope (you know, when you invert your skis into an upside down v shape).
- Remove from the heat invert the pan onto a cutting board, and remove the pan.
- The therapist moves the cup over the area to be treated, removes the cotton ball and inverts the cup onto the body.
- Remove the weight and invert the mold onto a serving dish.
- Remove from the heat and invert the mold onto a cutting board.
- Remove from the oven and invert the molds onto a sheet pan to cool.
- Cool the cake in the pan for 5 minutes; then invert it onto a rack to cool completely.
- Thinking of language as an instinct inverts the popular wisdom, especially as it has been passed down in the canon of the humanities and social sciences.
- We ‘control nature,’ but it continually subverts and even inverts our intentions.
- In this sense, I think my approach to course planning inverts the usual model.
- The postmodern movement would pick up that ideal by inverting traditional concepts of high and low art to see what new life they could squeeze out of these tired, old ideas - like soup cans!
2inverted past participle
- inverted snob
- inverted sugar
1invertido masculine datedinvertida feminine dated
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!