The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en Español de invertebrado
1invertebrado masculinoinvertebrada femenino
- Other invertebrates, including mollusks and crustaceans, are also part of the diet.
- Insects and other aquatic invertebrates are also eaten, especially by young birds.
- During the breeding season they eat mostly insects and other invertebrates.
- Later, become predators and feed on insects, invertebrates, and other small fish.
- In the spring, their diet includes a higher proportion of invertebrates such as insects and snails.
- Small insects and other invertebrates make up most of the American Redstart's diet.
- Insects, spiders, and other invertebrates make up most of the Hermit Warbler's diet.
- Smaller vertebrates and invertebrates are also known in abundance from France and Bavaria.
- They feed by sucking juices from soft-bodied invertebrates through a long proboscis.
- These distinctions correspond closely to our distinction between vertebrates and invertebrates.
- Fish eat snails in their shells and hard-shelled crustacea as well as invertebrates with exoskeletons.
- The exhibit is currently home to more than 70 species of fish, invertebrates and corals.
- It is typical of vertebrates but rare among invertebrates, being seen in a few molluscs and arachnids.
- Living horseshoe crabs feed on molluscs, worms, and other tasty and nutritious marine invertebrates.
- The saw is also used as a digging tool to probe in mud and sand in search of crustaceans and other small invertebrates.
- While studies have been done in mammals and other vertebrates less is known of invertebrates.
- Gudgeon love feeding upon copepods, tiny shelled invertebrates that form swarms just above the river bed.
- North American river otters are important predators of fish and aquatic invertebrates.
- In many cases, the adhesive gels secreted by invertebrates are described as mucus.
- Aquatic invertebrates are also eaten, especially by breeding females and the young.
- Vertebrate and invertebrate animals, land plants, and protists are all represented as fossils in the Solnhofen Limestone.
- Sea cucumbers, invertebrate animals of the phylum Echinodermata, might hold out some hope for the afflicted.
- Most endophytes produce N-rich alkaloid compounds that deter or poison a range of vertebrate and invertebrate herbivores.
- Odorant-binding proteins are present in the olfactory systems of both vertebrate and invertebrate animals, but these gene families are not related.
- Echinoderms are considered the invertebrate group most closely related to the vertebrates.
- Minerals, mushrooms, higher and lower plants, invertebrate and vertebrate animals make up the richest museum collection on the Balkan Peninsula.
- We vertebrates do not stand higher and later than our invertebrate cousins, for all ‘advanced’ animal phyla made their first appearance in the fossil record at essentially the same time.
- The invertebrate ancestors of vertebrates had gill slits, but these were used primarily for filter feeding; these organisms took up most of the oxygen they needed through the skin.
- Serotonin has been demonstrated to enhance excitability and spike output in vertebrate and invertebrate neurons.
- The possible role of fibroblast growth factors in organization of the limb blastema is explored and the similarities between vertebrate and invertebrate control of regeneration are discussed.
- Returning to the United States in 1894, he joined the faculty of the University of California, teaching and carrying out research in both vertebrate and invertebrate paleontology.
- Once vertebrate and invertebrate eyes were established hundreds of millions of years ago, evolution continued borrowing genes and fine-tuning them for new situations.
- Amphioxus is the closest living invertebrate relative of the vertebrates, and is key to understanding the evolution of vertebrates from an invertebrate ancestor.
- They are a common adaptation in organisms that use internal fertilization, and have arisen multiple times in a number of vertebrate and invertebrate lineages.
- He then told us that these first life-forms evolved into bacteria and then into the invertebrate animals, as well as plants.
- Anhydrobiosis is a state of suspended animation certain invertebrate animals enter in response to severe drought.
- Given the high heritability of sideroxylonal and its effectiveness as a deterrent against vertebrate and invertebrate herbivores, it is surprising that undefended trees persist in the population.
- Over the last decade, we have become increasingly aware that environmental contaminants act through multiple mechanisms to alter endocrine functioning in vertebrate and invertebrate species.
- The senior students were keen to observe the invertebrate marine animals, such as starfish, urchins and crustaceans.
- While ubiquitous among vertebrates, it occurs less frequently in invertebrate phyla.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!