Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1(unbeatable)(army/foe) invencible(lead) insalvable(lead) insuperable
- Proud and arrogant, they thought themselves secure and invincible.
- The sun is invincible, unconquerable, the highest ideal of the self and the highest aspiration of the soul.
- Labour's previously invincible electoral machine lost the safe seat of Brent East.
- Many companies don't have bad weather closure policies; they expect that you be invincible.
- The Titans have looked invincible the last two games against quality opponents.
- The man once thought invincible faced a judge, called to answer charges of murder and torture.
- He was hailed as the wonder horse, the Bullet from Ballydoyle, which would be invincible from a mile to 12 furlongs.
- He helps breathe life into the vision of America as strong, the best, invincible.
- First of all he was hesitant, and then he settled down and got on with it enthusiastically, making his case apparently invincible.
- Let South Asia truly become the invincible giant of the new millennium.
- Anyone who has ever watched Hewitt might be surprised to hear him revealing that he doesn't always feel as invincible as he looks.
- The British soldiers had to face the incompetence of their own commanders as well as the invincible Boer commandos in the field.
- This is reminiscent of the utter failure of the invincible Maginot Line or the unsinkable Titanic.
- Hawks are still an outstandingly fine team and they may well win the league at a canter, but it's been good to show they are not invincible.
- Another reason people do not take out income protection insurance is because they see themselves as being invincible.
- The men believe the twins hold mystical powers that make them invincible in their battles against the Myanmar military.
- But those that do choose may be seriously misled into thinking that they are invincible.
- In the long free-style disciplines, he was invincible and made all national records.
- He was deemed invincible and the older generation believed that he had supernatural powers.
- After it survived the 1993 bombing, people thought the towers were invincible.