The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of aislamiento
1.1(state)aislamiento masculinesocial/economic isolation — aislamiento social/económico
- A general boycott will help this necessary process of international isolation.
- This suggested a growing mistrust of political institutions and a sense of isolation from the decision-making process.
- No longer will our students and communities need to feel disadvantaged because of isolation or shortage of resources.
- First, his visit ends the international isolation imposed on Syria since the passing of UN Resolution 1559 in 2004.
- Their relative isolation from the rest of the country means that many do not even think of politics.
- Diplomatically, Britain had been cornered and her splendid isolation was more discomforting than her solitary magnificence.
- Third, a Mantel test was used to assess the hypothesis of genetic isolation by geographic distance.
- In addition to physical pain, dying patients often experience social isolation, psychological stress and spiritual crises.
- The number of help line and awareness groups is only a reflection of increasing social isolation.
- Using families' natural support systems to reduce social isolation may be of great help.
- But those who are willing to put out the effort can always experience relative travel isolation.
- The North has been making a concerted effort to end its diplomatic isolation since last year.
- But Libya does want American participation - both for economic reasons and to end its diplomatic isolation.
- As a consequence, Libya gradually overcame its international isolation.
- Australia's native wildlife is almost entirely endemic, having evolved in virtual isolation from the rest of the world.
- Of greater interest is that our analysis shows a pattern of isolation by distance.
- Racial diversity in the student body reduces the isolation experienced by faculty of color.
- As a corollary, corridors of suitable habitat should reduce patch isolation, thereby decreasing species loss and enhancing colonization.
- Coverdale withdraws into increasing isolation from the modern world.
1.2Medicineaislamiento masculine(ward/hospital) (before noun) de infecciososto keep sb in isolation — mantener a algn aislado
- His wife sent him to the local isolation hospital but no patients would share the same ward with him.
- Late closure of isolation wards led to infection of visitors and spread of the disease to the community.
- The isolation ward patients all wear mask themselves, we wear M95 masks when we work in those areas.
- Robyn was in an isolation ward at the hospital over the weekend and doctors hoped she could be released on Monday.
- These children have typhoid, they should be in isolation, but the isolation hospital was looted.
- No quality restrictions were imposed on studies using isolation wards or nurse cohorting.
- As SARS infection could not be excluded the patient was transferred directly to an isolation ward on the same day.
- This served Joyce Green and other isolation hospitals in the area.
- His working group has also called for a return to isolation hospitals of the type built to deal with TB last century.
- A surveyor's report found that the smallpox isolation hospital at Winterburn was in a poor state.
- The land in question is the former isolation hospital in Main Road, Dovercourt.
- This one would need her to be hospitalized in an isolation ward for a few weeks.
- Swindon Council says the centre, which used to be an isolation hospital, was being closed and demolished because it was outdated.
- This time it's the isolation ward instead of TB and Nokwanda will most likely never leave this hospital again.
- She spent nine days in an isolation ward at North Manchester General Hospital and underwent a series of tests.
- According to Chang, air pressure in the isolation wards is lower than the air pressure outside the wards.
- The median number of AFB isolation rooms was 4.
- During all the nine weeks he was being barrier nursed in an isolation ward.
- Briefly, all patients with community-acquired pneumonia and fever are admitted to the isolation wards.
- Mpumalanga yesterday opened an emergency isolation ward at the Rob Ferreira Hospital to treat ten cases.
2.1(separation, identification)identificación feminine
- National Institute of Virology, Pune has carried out serological investigations and virus isolations in different parts of the country.
- Each step in the curing procedures was monitored by electrophoresis of plasmid isolations.
- The pre - and post-chlorination bacterial isolations are presented in Table 2.
- The rise in isolations in our series exceeded the rise in submitted blood cultures.
- Similar results were obtained from at least two independent PCR assays of two independent chromatin isolations.
- Nuclei isolations and transcription assays were performed as previously described.
- All proviral DNA isolations were processed in P3 laboratory facilities.
- All animal handling, VBL treatments and sperm isolations were performed at one laboratory by one technician.
- These latter bands were reconfirmed by multiple isolations and PCR-amplifications of VMA1 from genomic DNA initially derived from single cell cultures.
- Cell lines were maintained as directed by the source, and DNA isolations were performed using Wizard genomic DNA purification (Promega).
- The accumulation of viscous polysaccharides in the mycelia of S. commune often interferes with genomic DNA isolations.
- Gastric lavage for isolation of M tuberculosis is a well accepted method.
- Samples from all the treatments were harvested at the indicated times and total RNA isolation was performed.
- Total RNA isolation and Northern analysis were performed according to standard protocols.
- Genomic DNA isolation and purification followed either a modified Chelex or phenol-chloroform protocol.
- Here we report the isolation of mutations in the Drosophila Tap 42 gene.
- Petals were detached from three flowers, pooled and used for mRNA isolation.
- All the steps in the isolation procedure were carried out at 4°C.
- A chemist may get a prize for discovering oxygen or even a patent on the process used for its isolation.
- Plant tissues to be used for RNA isolation were collected directly into liquid N 2.
2.2(of virus, substance)aislamiento masculine
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!