The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en Español de bote
1coloquial(money)bote masculinofondo común masculinowe've nothing in the kitty — estamos sin fondos
- It is always easier to raise private donations if the government is seen to make a contribution towards the kitty.
- The jackpot is set to start at around €10 million with rollovers and bonus prize funds boosting the kitty to more than €50 million.
- There is still money left in the kitty according to the manager, and he says he will spend it, albeit with a natural reluctance.
- She cannot find a better job, but is quite happy with what she earns, because she lives with her parents and does not have to contribute to the household kitty.
- The cycling team still has a long way to go to reach its fundraising target, with the kitty currently standing at £4,191.
- ‘He told me that one reason nothing has been done is that the county council has no money in the kitty to do it,’ said Mr Smithers.
- The roof is leaking, there are holes in the floor, the sewage pipes are broken, the heating doesn't work - and there is no money in the kitty.
- There is no money in the kitty for it at the moment but the roads authority is ‘confident’ that the cash will come next year.
- It seems to me that these same councillors who declared that there was no money in the kitty to keep the old people's homes open have a twisted sense of priorities.
- When the stock market collapsed, there was simply not enough money in the kitty to keep payments up.
- We are all living much longer, which is one reason the government now tells us to make our own pension arrangements because there's not enough cash in the corporate kitty.
- It was suggested that the guild hold an annual trip abroad each year and pay into a monthly kitty to finance the trip
- The group has decided that each member will contribute €2 per meeting towards a kitty to cover costs such as postage, phone calls, venue hire, tea and biscuits.
- With all the current problems, it is unlikely that there is much spare cash left in the kitty now.
- In Scotland, the cash comes out of the general kitty, but in England it must come out of the new NHS trusts.
- The cash raised will go into the kitty to help maintain Ford Park and eventually buy the mansion and grounds to ensure its continued use as a community facility.
- The board fears that existing and future claimants may be left high and dry, especially with just $200-million left in the kitty.
- But the Department of Health has warned that they have to work within their existing funding allocation and that there'll be nothing extra in the kitty next year.
- There should be a kitty for general expenses, outings, treats for the children and car parking.
- But there is simply not enough money in the kitty to go around.
2(cards)banca femeninobote masculino
- Before each new deal the dealer has the option to add more money to the kitty, but must not take anything out of it.
- Before each deal, each player must pay 1 unit into the pool or kitty.
- Before the first round, each player puts a stake into a kitty.
- If the bidder loses he pays the opponents and also the kitty.
- If someone declares 31, all the other players have to put a penny in the kitty.
1(cat)minino masculino coloquial
- For indoor cats, my kitties spend an awful lot of time outside.
- Choose a time when your home is not too busy and you will have time to devote to your new kitty and your existing cat.
- I snuggled on the sofa with my adorable kitty cat and watched TV.
- Well, I'd better go and make my dinner and feed my kitty cat.
- I just don't have anywhere to hang a cat hammock, so my kitty will just have to make do with all her other many many many many MANY resting places.
- He started yelling at Mommy, saying how dare she bring home a kitten when she knows he's allergic to kitties.
- Scientists in Texas have successfully cloned a kitty, an event which could eventually help lead to new human medicines and medical treatments.
- What you may have to do is feed both kitties the weight loss food and supplement skinny kitty's food when and where chubby kitty can't get to it.
- Make sure you have an emergency vet number handy - our kitties have gotten fevers from the infection.
- There is only so long you can ignore that kind of behaviour, even knowing that the little blighter has a bowl filled to the brim with tasty kitty treats in the kitchen.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!