The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1dama de honor femenino
- Jane Seymour was a lady-in-waiting to Anne Boleyn in 1534 when she began to attract Henry's attention.
- Being a minor poet is like being minor royalty, and no one, as a former lady-in-waiting to Princess Margaret once explained to me, is happy as that.
- He had left his wife, and the mother of his two children, Penelope Chetwode, for Elizabeth Cavendish, a lady-in-waiting to Princess Margaret and daughter of the Duke of Devonshire.
- Cavendish was the daughter of the Duke of Devonshire, a cousin of Lord David Cecil, et cetera, and became a lady-in-waiting to Princess Margaret - the next best thing, perhaps, to Betjeman bagging a royal.
- Lady Grimthorpe, of Westow near Malton, a former lady-in-waiting to the Queen Mother, will be among the congregation at the funeral.
- She divides her time between acting as a PA to her husband and being a lady-in-waiting to Princess Michael of Kent, so the red carpet existence the couple now live on the film awards circuit leaves her completely unfazed.
- Attended by a lady-in-waiting, the remarkable royal matriarch arrived at the north nave door and was conducted to the quire.
- The Minster was packed with 800 spectators, who watched a candlelit procession of more than 100 Viking guards, Bloodaxe's Viking Queen, and her ladies-in-waiting.
- Legend has it that my grandmother was a friend of one of Queen Victoria's ladies-in-waiting and she gave it to her.
- Queen Victoria's ladies-in-waiting used to come here, in fact the Mayfair club has been entertaining London society since.
- Economic and social changes in the early modern period enabled people to rise in social standing by learning proper deportment in the service of the nobility as knights, squires, pages and ladies-in-waiting.
- Written about the year 1000 by Murasaki Shikibu, a lady-in-waiting to the Empress Akiko, the novel deals with the life and loves of Prince Genji and the world of the Heian court after his death.
- The young girls spent their teenage years in France as ladies-in-waiting to Henry's sister the French Queen.
- She was looking for an assistant, a lady-in-waiting, really, and asked me if I'd like the job.
- Shortly, however, Philip is spending less time with his wife and enjoying the company of Juana's ladies-in-waiting.
- The palace, they argue, should have invited gay partners to this evening's reception; last week in Glasgow, the Queen should have sat differently, her lady-in-waiting should have worn a different hat, and so on.
- Indeed, residents of Iveragh Park in the heart of Killorglin, were doubly honoured as both the 2003 Queen of Puck and her lady-in-waiting are from the area.
- The letter was signed on the Queen's behalf by her lady-in-waiting.
- The Palace letter, signed by a lady-in-waiting, added that the Queen had greatly enjoyed her visit to York.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!