Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1finoelegantepropio de una dama
- Despite her plain clothes, she radiated a ladylike politeness and civility.
- On the catwalk, they've teamed them with pencil skirts to complete a smart suit look that conveys better than anything the yearning for a long-overdue dose of ladylike elegance in fashion.
- Within ten minutes I was glowing, in an elegant and ladylike way (of course) but still glowing.
- I guess she would rather I expressed myself in a more ladylike manner, or at least a little more eloquently.
- Kate is the epitome of ladylike elegance with poker straight posture, a svelte figure and a confident yet warm personality.
- I don't mind, as long as you teach her some ladylike manners.
- The role of women in sport was also problematic, as ideas about proper ladylike behaviour and the proper form of the female body conflicted with developing cults of health and energy at the turn of the century.
- For women, the look is conservative - ladylike suits, sophisticated pantsuits, subtle dark dresses.
- So the key to wearing short shorts in a ladylike manner is to balance it out with tops with more coverage, like long sleeves, jackets and even layers.
- Rudolph noted that she sliced her food in a ladylike manner and wiped her mouth daintily with her handkerchief now and then.
- Reneeth opens up one of the coolers, pulls out some packaged sandwiches, and sets them down in a pile at a table before devouring one herself - in a dignified, ladylike fashion, of course.
- Tailoring is key for winter, the new mood is all about ladylike elegance and easy-style glamour - exactly what Marks & Spencer does best.
- Carman smiles and claps (and they are polite, understated ladylike claps), delighted.
- Sarah smiled and tried to thank Aunt Marcy in a meek, ladylike manner.
- The prim and proper ladylike look is set to be really big for autumn 2004 and winter 2005.
- Style advisors Belinda Alexander and Gail Little - North Yorkshire's answer to Trinny and Susannah - are fans of the more ladylike looks that are already cropping up everywhere.
- The American design diva, who celebrated her 62nd birthday last month, has been forced to behave by the latest trend for ladylike dressing.
- Romero asks Brett to marry him, but he wants her to grow out her boyish hair and behave in a more ladylike manner.
- Women still found it desirable to behave in a ladylike manner and men strove to be gentlemen.