The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1Her/Your Ladyship — la señora
- His actress wife, known respectfully as Her Ladyship, is kind but baffled.
- I pause there, your Honours, to say, with the greatest respect to her Ladyship, that is, in fact, a very crucial observation.
- Her Ladyship added that ‘a number of new requests were subsequently made by the Rochamel Development.’
- I wasn't sure whether Her Ladyship would accept my proposal, and it rather unravelled my nerves.
- There's no one in the whole of London who will disagree with the fact that Her Ladyship is a virago, plain and simple.
- I merely tried to deliver a letter to Her Ladyship, as an elevated person charged me to do.
- Dinner was announced, we sat ourselves down at the silver-laden candle-lit table, Her Ladyship played five-finger exercises of conversation at the far end of the table, His Lordship and I discussed business at the other.
- This, whispers Her Ladyship, is where Her Majesty the Queen brings her most distinguished dinner guests for their postprandial entertainment.
- Sounding like a harpy from the barricades of Paris, Her Ladyship preached wholesale war on Dukes and Earls.
- Her Ladyship held that constructive knowledge, in the sense that the customer had the means of knowledge, was not enough.
- ‘Your Ladyship,’ he began, stammering uncontrolledly, ‘Your Ladyship, I have just received some dire news.’
- I'll see if His Grace is up yet, Your Ladyship.
- The dining lounge has been prepared, will her Ladyship and the gentleman be joining you?
- Your Honours will see at page 731 that in the part of the reasons that goes from a through to g, her Ladyship discusses the fact that the authorities amply illustrate there is no approach which is free from difficulty.
- It was most vexing, especially, when her Ladyship turned in Kathleen's direction to speak, placing Kathleen in the most uncomfortable disposition.
- I was privileged to dine with the family and sat across from her Ladyship and on the right of Lord Donovan.
- Perhaps we could come to some arrangement, your Ladyship.
- ‘I'll help you sort her Ladyship out,’ he said with a sigh. ‘Where is she?’
- However, when Katherine arrived at the palace for the first party of the season, she could not discover her Ladyship among the many elegant ladies crowding the ball room.
- Your Ladyship's judgment is clear, and what I do not propose to do is to run through the arguments already heard in front of you, which are recorded clearly in the judgment.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!