The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1último hurra masculinoit was the last hurrah of the old order — era el último hurra / el último coletazo del viejo orden
- I would ask as his final gift a charismatic last hurrah before risking my untried head above the stormy parapet.
- Will this be the beginning of his effort to close the sale with voters, or a last hurrah before his most loyal supporters?
- The songwriter was to go on, but this would be the best of his last hurrahs.
- But the show might also serve as a last hurrah for the club, which had been a staple in the Columbus music scene for more than 30 years.
- This really is their last hurrah together, and that knowledge won't stop eating away at them, no matter what they do.
- The next two games will reveal whether that was a last hurrah or the return volley in a long, genuinely competitive series.
- For the last hurrah, I think he has opened the door to a lot of merchandising opportunities.
- And Ashley's had been fun; it had been really warm, one of summer's last hurrahs before the planet sank into the colder half of autumn.
- This is the last hurrah of the indigenous: the time we take the land from them - for come what may whether we're left or right in politics we need the land and suffocate to seize it.
- The Sydney Olympics will be the last hurrah for the most celebrated members of the women's national team - so what, or rather, who, comes next?
- This may have been her last hurrah; she promised a statement about her future plans in the new year, but so far this statement has not materialised.
- My feeling is that this is the last hurrah for books.
- By then the modernist movement was having its last hurrah.
- It was the last hurrah of a dysfunctional system.
- It'll all return to normal with the last hurrah of Labour Day.
- It'll also be my last hurrah with everyone from work.
- So soak up the sun and enjoy the last hurrah of the season.
- You've been named VP of strategic planning: Is it a promotion or your last hurrah?
- There's child abduction, Malay pirates and the last hurrah of British imperialism in South-east Asia.
- Melbourne will likely be his last hurrah in the role.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!