The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
- He didn't want his 50th jubilee to be celebrated at all, let alone celebrated with the customary pompous laudatory speeches.
- Many laudatory speeches during birthday parties and eulogies during funerals simply skip over this time and construct biographical outlines without these years.
- Here's a sampling of laudatory comments culled from the archives.
- If I were to read all of the laudatory comments that arrived both on the evaluation sheets and via e-mail, my hat size would go up by several points; I'll try to resist that.
- With one qualified exception they have been laudatory, have commended his integrity, his reliance upon his God, his brilliance as a soldier, his restless energy as head of state.
- Yet if the laudatory comments of his students are true, they suggest a fairness in his classroom manner often absent in his writing.
- On War, which had first been translated in 1873, was republished in 1908 to the accompaniment of many laudatory commentaries.
- General Andrew Jackson himself made laudatory comments regarding black fighting men in the War of 1812.
- It got very laudatory comments from the commander of the Battalion.
- I can remember taking particular note of the laudatory comments about him in these publications.
- Nothing suits her better than bucking her party and getting all those nice laudatory articles about what a maverick she is.
- The laudatory nature of this article was treated with some scepticism by many of the residents.
- The house itself is not in the best of repair, of course, and that may be the main problem with laudatory celebrations this summer.
- During the union election, all the New York dailies ran highly laudatory articles about him.
- The inscriptions are replete with complimentary titles and laudatory sentiments and are finely enameled in the purplish gray background characteristic of wares made for him.
- Peter the Great at once commissioned it from Danzig masters and presented it to her with a laudatory poem that glorified her military exploits.
- The obituary is highly laudatory, a testimony of praise for a creative artist.
- As usual, the media wrote laudatory profiles about the 30-year-old, black, Southern New Democrat who represented the future of the party.
- I have even received three laudatory letters from black prisoners, all recounting how they subscribed to the party-faithful line in their youth but have rejected it since.
- In spite of my laudatory remarks for the governor of the Central Bank, the whole system has to change.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!