The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en español de seglar
1(non-expert)a book written for the layman — un libro dirigido al gran público
2Religiónseglar masculino, femeninolaico masculinolaica femenino
- The key to accomplishing this must surely be the biblical training of pastors and active laymen.
- In the United States Armenian priests are elected by laymen and ordained by bishops, but confirmed by the Patriarch, who resides in Armenia.
- The priests, pastors, and laymen of this religion are the people of America.
- Almost immediately, the producers surrendered, agreeing to a strict enforcement of the Code under the administration of a prominent Catholic layman.
- A leading layman in the Presbyterian Church, he held for years the post of honorary director of the Union Theological Seminary.
- Gradually, the plays moved outside the church, laymen joined the cast, and Latin was replaced by the vernacular.
- Renditions from the twelfth and thirteenth centuries show a sequence of discrete scenes, including one in which monks and laymen are assembled before an imposing sculpted icon.
- The secular churches were prominent patrons, as were the leading individual laymen and ecclesiastics.
- In one story, a layman coming to pray at the church places a money offering at the foot of the cross.
- "Frere (au) chapeau" (a brother in a hat) referred to a layman or monk not entitled to a hood when escorting a superior of his religious order.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!