The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
- Butterflies and moths make up the biological order Lepidoptera.
- The insect order Lepidoptera, with as many as 100,000 species, is second only to the Coleoptera, the beetles.
- Both of these insects reside in the order Lepidoptera.
- The species of insects studied prior to this study were from 11 orders, but the vast majority were from four orders: Lepidoptera, Diptera, Hymenoptera, and Hemiptera.
- The most speciose insect orders like the Coleoptera, Diptera and Lepidoptera (moths and butterflies) tend to have small genome sizes with very few or no exceptions.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!