Learn English Grammar From A–Z
- On this account, the word based theories posit that lexical relations in Semitic languages are linked to derivations involving lexemes and morphemes.
- Linguists might call the monster on the ice-floes a floating signifier, a lexeme whose meaning varies contextually.
- The resulting semantico-functional variant of a lexeme performs a different function in speech.
- Therefore, high imageability words will easily and uniquely access their corresponding lexemes.
- This may be a consequence of abnormally rapid decay of lexemes in the phonological output lexicon.