The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1(before noun) de humanidades EEUUthe liberal arts — las humanidades
- Through the establishment of courses in humanities, management and economics, we expect to permeate liberal arts into the sciences.
- Students also will study mathematics, science, liberal arts and the humanities as part of the curriculum.
- If he had been a man of the left, he would be teaching that subject at some small liberal arts college for $70,000 a year.
- Duncan's conviction is hardly a surprise, given the fact that his own career has melded action and contemplation, science and liberal arts.
- Like the liberal arts, the sciences are increasingly engaged with a technical rather than a philosophical approach to their subjects.
- Those students were excluded from Newcomb College, which only included women in the liberal arts and sciences.
- For example, it took almost a decade to change the name of the college because of opposition from liberal arts and sciences.
- In some aspects, colleges of agriculture are beginning to look more like colleges of liberal arts and sciences.
- Nevertheless, Slovak parents generally advocated practical learning over an education in the sciences or liberal arts.
- Most of those working in the media have backgrounds in the liberal arts, not the sciences, so the case for maths and numeracy is often worse than poorly put - it is not put at all.
- Education during most of the 20th century divided, all too neatly, between liberal arts and the sciences.
- In most cases, this core included specified courses, or credit hours, in liberal arts and science fields, or both.
- In the native model, however, the influences of majoring in the liberal arts and health sciences were absent.
- The school is evaluated on the basis of its commitment to liberal arts and science education.
- The only liberal arts that are growing are psychology and the biological sciences.
- Among the most vulnerable programs may be those in the liberal arts, especially the humanities and social sciences.
- For instance, professors in fields like computer science could receive more generous pay hikes than those in liberal arts.
- The first five cover science and application, and the second five cover liberal arts, and career and personal development.
- For the past several decades our dedication to the liberal arts, to learning for its own sake, has been predominant.
- He argues that virtually all faculty in the liberal arts are Democrats.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!