The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
poema humorístico de cinco versos
- Verbal abuse and insulting ditties, ballads, limericks, and other doggerel had long been directed at the monarch, his ministers, close family, and mistresses as well as at the elites of the kingdom by their social inferiors.
- I curled up with Nash's couplets, quatrains, limericks and occasional jeremiads.
- Please compose a poem, limerick or any other rhyming prose of your choice. It must be at least 3 verses long and start with the words.
- A reader, who asks to remain anonymous, says that, once while participating in an intensive Latin program, he passed the time by making Catullus poems into limericks.
- During the meal, the women read poems and limericks.
- Born in Brooklyn, like so many wry Americans, Davis has written a sizeable collection of limericks and poems about the current state of the union.
- She wants them to help create a book of poems, limericks or stories written about the pub which sits next to the East Lancashire Road.
- Stoppard uses a dazzling range of literary and theatrical effects, from Wildean epigram to a scene written entirely in limericks, from a suggestion of strip-tease to a lecture on Marxist theory.
- At this time he could no longer see well enough to draw an accompanying cartoon; indeed, the composition of limericks was about the only creative activity that still remained open to him.
- The older children have the opportunity to show off their creative skills by composing a limerick based on the Millrace Hotel, who are the sponsors of this competition.
- A sonnet can be about love and beauty and a limerick about flatulence and sex, but not the other way around.
- Regale everyone with your soppy songs, recite your loopy limericks, and maybe even draw a doodle or two!
- Since I don't know any good shanties or sea songs, I hope a limerick will do.
- That song title is just crying out loud for a limerick to be made.
- Perceiving the underlying metre of the limerick is not just a simple linear experience.
- Occasionally I have been known to flirt with a publicist - but my poetry recitals are restricted to dirty limericks.
- I used to write limericks, so I just started writing tunes to go with them.
- Many were skeptical, the editor reports, expecting a low response, or results dominated by Shakespeare or ‘dirty limericks.’
- I spent an hour recently trying to explain limericks to a Chinese from Tientsin; which left him bewildered, me frustrated, and the staff of the bar we were in, in hysterics.
- The show celebrates the diverse experiences theatre has given Darryl over the years, from reciting lewd limericks in Bloemfontein to rocking and rolling in Buenos Aires.
- Un poema corto, de cinco líneas, generalmente de contenido humorístico. Sus dos primeras líneas riman con la última y la tercera con la cuarta. Son muy populares en Gran Bretaña y suelen ser bastante groseros. El siguiente es un ejemplo de limerick: There was an old man of Peru Who dreamt he was eating his shoe. He awoke in the night With a terrible fright And found it was perfectly true!
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!