The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1perder el tiempoholgazanearhe was loitering about the place — andaba merodeando por allí
- My only other complaint was the over-attentive waiters, who always seemed to be loitering somewhere nearby, waiting for something to happen or checking that everything was fine.
- It turns out Risaku's mere hunch became reality and an assassin stood there, loitering in the doorway.
- You're standing here loitering about in a very suspicious manner.
- Even though I was used to this kind of thing, being that I was perpetually hanging around with Celia, I loitered near the door while she browsed.
- This was a place for lost souls to loiter, waiting for a judgment never to come.
- Nel had also been seen loitering near her home almost daily, standing there while watching her house.
- He said the police often received reports of young people loitering around street corners, but the fact is ‘they have a right to be there’.
- He was a generally despicable character, always loitering near his betters like a poisonous cloud, seeking only to advance his own pathetic powers.
- We found that parental males keep track of how many sneaker males they see loitering near their nests during spawning time.
- Her eyes strayed to a biker loitering near his glitzy ride, all chrome and shiny metallic exhaust pipes.
- The thin man who had been loitering near the doorway slipped up to Umberto.
- During this hostile exchange, Nageku loitered near the buffet table and helped himself to some wine.
- I engaged in mundane chit-chat and constantly asked dumb questions to just about anyone who happened to be loitering in the vicinity.
- I hold that one can loiter without being stationary.
- A West Yorkshire Police spokeswoman said the man, who lives in Little Horton, challenged the group of five or six youths he discovered loitering near his car.
- I looked out of the window and could see three men loitering near the shop.
- Be aware of youths loitering near vehicles or at traffic lights
- Outside my window I could see Neil, my former team leader, loitering near the car park entrance.
- Egg-laying hens loiter near their hen house and sometimes into the flowerbed.
- Be especially aware of strangers loitering around ATMs this time of year.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!