Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1(person) sufrido(expression) de resignación
- His father was a patient, long-suffering character who was mercilessly hen-pecked.
- Among them were letters from Nelson's long-suffering wife, Fanny.
- His long-suffering wife, Nora, faces an everyday struggle to find money for food and other essentials.
- Magda, his long-suffering wife, was the only person who knew his secret, and she is now dead.
- That he is in his early 40s, and has children and a very long-suffering wife, doesn't bother him enough for him to stop.
- The play looks at his struggle to develop revolutionary ideas as well as his relationship with long-suffering wife Jane.
- He asked his long-suffering wife, Constance, to collect a selection of his epigrams and sayings.
- George's long-suffering wife cannot bring herself to curb her husband's excesses.
- The long-suffering wife looked up at the magistrate and her reply was terse.
- Apparently, he does this to his long-suffering wife all the time.
- He will be off work for weeks and his long-suffering wife will once again have to struggle to make ends meet.
- You're a long-suffering bunch and we bloggers appreciate your patience.
- If he does get away, put on the deeply hurt yet ultimately forgiving face of a long-suffering mistress.
- Since nobody (to my memory) has ever offered a vote of thanks to these long-suffering partners, I do so now.
- I remain to be convinced that the end result will justify months of inactivity and inconvenience to long-suffering passengers.
- No sooner had the ink dried on last week's column, than one of my long-suffering 17 readers was into action.
- It will cause misery for long-suffering drivers who faced gridlock when the main burst, forcing police to shut the flooded road for hours.
- Try telling that to York City's long-suffering away supporters.
- Having battled so hard to save the club in the last few years, long-suffering fans have a right to be angry about the lack of spirit shown in recent displays.
- Then he confronted her and the long-suffering woman laughed.