The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en Español de piojo
- (plural lice)
- Head lice are insects living on the human scalp and feeding on blood.
- Head lice are insects that live on the scalp and neck.
- Presumably mineral oil is acting like petroleum jelly to smother the live lice and loosen nits.
- The gold standard for diagnosing head lice is finding a live louse on the head, which can be difficult.
- You only treat for head lice if you find live lice in the hair.
- Head lice are small, wingless insects that can get on the hair and scalp of humans.
- Control of poultry lice requires treating the birds since lice remain on the bird throughout its life.
- I haven't seen a live louse on her head since last Wednesday.
- As earlier research had shown, they found a major split among lice species that live on apes and on monkeys and other primates.
- Villagers also cited skin, lice, and saliva as carriers of the disease.
- Petroleum jelly, mayonnaise and mineral oil seem to smother live lice.
- Before treatment, live lice must be identified under a magnifying glass, which is best done when the hair is wet.
- There are also flies whose larvae develop only in the tracheal passages of red kangaroos and lice that live in the throat pouches of cormorants and pelicans.
- Treatment should be repeated after seven to 10 days if live lice are present.
- Only the presence of live lice can confirm diagnosis of active infection.
- The main effect of feather lice on their bird hosts is feather damage.
- A strong solution of it can even remove lice or other skin parasites.
- As a result of their cramped conditions, diseases such as eye cataracts and parasitic sea lice are rife, the group claims.
- Some germs rely on insects - such as mosquitoes, fleas, lice or ticks - to move from host to host.
- Beds were made from straw, which of course is a home for insects of all kinds, particularly fleas, lice, and tics.
2coloquial(person)canalla masculino, femenino
- Since his original plan of using leftover roach motels now seems impractical, Jack must devise a better means of sending these unlicensed louses back to where they belong.
- His characters were cads, letches, and leering louses, but they effectively tapped a bit of that inappropriate urge in us all.
- All of these characters - if we can indeed call them that - are despicable louses that lie, cheat, and backstab each other in the name of comedy and TV ratings.
- He said that, among the others using that network, there could be louses looking for their next attack target.
- The louses are just plain nasty drivers who don't give a damn about anyone but themselves.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!