The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of embestir
1embestir(in fencing) atacar(in fencing) entrar a fondoto lunge at sb/sth — arremeter contra algn/algo
- I lunged at her and grabbed her around the waist, thanking her with the deepest, most passionate kiss inside me.
- Morgan lunged at Katazheniya, grabbing her hand and pulling her back out through the bathroom door.
- She doused her hands with liquid, handed it to Veronica, and lunged at Jake, grabbing his face.
- He lunged at her and grabbed her wrist, attempting to rid her of her weapon.
- She lunged at Jen, grabbing her by the throat and knocking her to the ground.
- Thomas lunged at Corrine and grabbed her around the neck, trying to strangle her.
- He was heading towards the casket once again but Rachel lunged at him and grabbed on to his back.
- Phyrendi lunged at him, grabbing him around the neck and digging in her nails.
- He lunged at her with a knife and grabbed the money back.
- He then lunged at her and grabbed her around the throat, thrusting her against the side of the pool.
- The three cops testified that Dorismond then lunged at Vasquez, grabbing for his weapon.
- It jumped, grabbed and lunged at three of us before wandering off towards the piece of wreck we had just left.
- At this point Lady E lunged at the American and began to shake her.
- They say Jackson lunged at one of them and the incident was spotted by four Inglewood police officers who then approached and arrested the youth.
- He lunged at me and all I could think of was the children.
- Thinking Sinéad dead, he lunged at Nichola with the other knife.
- I only touched his shoulder when he lunged at Harry.
- But he lunged at one of them and struck one of them in the nose when the camera was shoved back towards this chap's face.
- If the defender lunges toward you, quickly take a longer step with the same foot and simultaneously push the ball out and drive right around his hip.
- Also, fake the jumper and drive if the defender lunges toward you to stop the shot.
1arremetida feminine(in fencing) estocada feminine(in fencing) entrada a fondo femininehe made a lunge toward the door — se lanzó hacia la puerta
- Kneeling on the ground, arms hanging by your sides, step forward with your left foot into a lunge, bending the knee so it aligns with your left ankle.
- The weight still shifts to the heel for increased power during the lunge so in the moment of the lunge, the rear foot faces straight across the strip.
- Move on to walking lunges, forward and backward.
- As fast as possible the pupil could execute a simple beat, followed by a straight thrust and a rapid lunge.
- Start standing and inhale while stepping your left leg into a forward lunge with your left knee directly over your ankle.
2also lunge reinRidingronzal masculinecabestro masculine
- I still had a hold on the lunge line so I swiveled around and was able to stop him before he got completely away.
- Sabrina swayed gently with the canter, her mother watching Sabrina's every move, as she kept the Clydesdale on the lunge line at a steady pace.
- It felt strange at first as Sarah led her into the arena, but after a few circles on the lunge Amber felt herself relaxing.
- Mary unhooks the longe line; I take the reins and circle Tree Top at a canter on my own, relaxed and more in balance than I can ever remember.
- In front of me, on the end of the longe line, L.P. moved from a halt to walk.
- Before beginning work on the lunge, it is advisable to ask your vet to check his teeth to make sure there are no sharp points or Wolf teeth in need of removing.
- Jerry Lee worked her for about 20 minutes then saddled her and put her on a lunge line.
- If you don't ride regularly with an instructor, and have a reliable horse, there are many exercises that you can do on horseback without the lunge line to test your position.
- It might be a twirl or a flick or the tap of a lariat or a longe line or a whip.
- You may use a longe line or a buggy whip or some form of bribery to get your horse into that trailer.
- Willingham had come into the ring where Sabrina had attached a lunge line to the filly's bridle.
- Do you have a tack room full of various bits, halters, lead ropes, lunge whips, lunge lines, and other training equipment or behavior modifiers?
- His transition, encouraged by a firm command and tension on his lunge line, was quite smooth.
- She held out her hand behind him this time, knowing there would be no need for the lunge whip or lead line.
- Now would be a good time to help your horse to become accustomed to the lunge whip.
- This person has to be able to lead your horse on a longe.
- The long lunge whip used for training horses has a uniform diameter.
- She scolded, snatching a lunge rope from one of the men.
- Trek picked up the long lunge whip, and pointed it at Shiloh's hip.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!