The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
signo diacrítico que indica que la vocal es larga
- As in the transliteration of Sanskrit, the macron over the letter indicates that the sound of the vowel is lengthened, thus kan is pronounced ‘koh-an’, with the emphasis on the first syllable.
- However, diphthongs and macrons are seldom used in modern Romanji to differentiate the vowels with multiple sounds (like the long O).
- We are, just barely, in Kaneohe (which might really be Kane'ohe, but none of the maps have the macrons, so I've given up using them anywhere).
- I've worked out how to do macrons - these change the meaning of some words in Maori.
- It further concerns me that the select committee also states there are concerns about the inaccuracy of the translation, and that macrons have been used in an inconsistent manner.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!