Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1the Magnificat — el magníficat
- I would love to find the exact quote, but apparently somewhere Dietrich Bonhoeffer called the Magnificat the most passionate, wildest, most revolutionary Advent hymn ever sung.
- These are the seminal texts of the tradition: the Lord's Prayer, the Magnificat, the Benedictus.
- That afternoon the congregation would also get to hear a brand new work - the largest Bach had produced in Leipzig so far - a Magnificat for five vocal parts, trumpets, timpani, recorders, oboes, strings and continuo.
- The choir of St Martin in the Fields, led by organist and choirmaster, Nick Dankswill, will sing both the Magnificat and the Nunc Dimittis.
- Before a chorus could sing the Magnificat, Bach had to write it.