Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1palo mayor masculine
- He saw how close to the mainmast the commodore was and grinned suddenly.
- The mainmast groaned slightly under the strain of the wind-filled sails.
- Dolphin pulled past them and assaulted the outside schooner, her guns taking out the mainmast.
- ‘Look,’ Rueben said, and turned, pointing up to the top of the mainmast, at the crow's next.
- Its gun-ports were visible even at this distance, and a flag, unidentifiable, waved defiantly atop the mainmast.