The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
- The surgeon can perform intricate procedures by using joystick-like controls to manipulate the surgical instruments.
- One robotic arm is used to position the endoscope to provide visualisation of the operative site, while the other two robotic arms manipulate surgical instruments under the surgeon's control.
- In art classes, each student explores and manipulates varied tools and mediums.
- Thus, I was able to manipulate the ropes and free myself from them.
- With it they are able to manipulate objects as well as if they had hands.
- A trainer assists him with physical therapy, manipulating his body to prepare the joints for the rigors of swinging a golf club as violently as Woods does.
- During a massage, a therapist manipulates your body's soft tissues - your muscles, skin and tendons - using his or her fingertips, hands and fists.
- Manual healing treats medical problems by manipulating and realigning body parts.
- While the patient's right hip was being manipulated during a physical examination, her pain abruptly disappeared, along with the tender mass.
- The therapy was developed in France, but is rooted in the ancient Chinese art of acupuncture, where pressure points relating to specific parts of the body are manipulated to alleviate particular problems.
- By manipulating these pressure points, ancient Chinese physicians could treat the most complicated of disease.
- Gently manipulating parts of the body can help treat development disorders, sleeplessness, bed-wetting, allergies and asthma.
- Physicians use their hands to diagnose injury and illness and manipulate the musculoskeletal system to encourage the body to heal.
- Practitioners claim that gently manipulating the bones of the cranium can correct the flow of cerebrospinal fluid, by restoring the skull to its natural shape.
- We should always be trying to influence and manipulate our opponents - this is critical - but there is only so much we can do about that.
- Don't allow judgmental and critical people to influence and manipulate you, as you are ready to make a final decision about the past.
- It requires a seasoned politician to take advantage of a no-win situation and manipulate circumstances to drive home a point.
- So his little game of semantics backfires on him, a very interesting development indeed considering how clever he can be at manipulating a situation.
- The man was described at Manchester Crown Court as a strict father who controlled and manipulated his children and was also in total charge of his wife.
- I unconsciously manipulate situations to my advantage
- She knows her best strength is the way she can control and manipulate men.
- During her visits with her mother, there's a suggestion that Ingrid is still somehow controlling or manipulating her confused child.
- And there are too many parties who think they can manipulate those incensed people for political advantage.
- O'Neill knows how to manipulate situations to his team's advantage too.
- He's smart enough to be manipulating the situation to ensure that he stays in power.
- He manipulates people and events to suit his own purpose and any opposition to his will is seen as disloyalty.
- Besides, it turned out the child in question was actually happier with his father, and the whole situation was manipulated by the mother.
- There is a popular anti-corporate, progressive argument that sees market research and advertising as a sinister attempt to manipulate people.
- Both involved persons in authority who used half-truths and recklessly false statements to manipulate people who trusted them.
- It might've been the reason why he could manipulate people.
- He was gauging the class; calculating and deciding exactly how best manipulate the situation to his advantage.
- In most cases toddlers already know how to emotionally manipulate their parents and most stop crying very soon after the parent has left.
- She had manipulated me, controlled me, made me her tool, her minion, her puppet.
- Machiavelli urged rulers to study human nature so that they could control politics by manipulating their subjects.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!