The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en Español de mapa
1(of country, region) mapa masculino(of town, subway) plano masculino(of building) plano masculinoa map of the world — un planisferio
- The discovery of the city wall remains was not a surprise to the City Council as maps had pinpointed Peter Street as a location for the historic ruins.
- You have to identify a street with a name, using a map or a road sign.
- There have been no measures initiated nor a road map charted out, to rectify such fiscal imbalances and to restore balance for long term growth.
- These directives are based on normal real estate valuation principles and are appended with land maps for each urban area.
- The exhibition features maps and plans of the proposed regeneration schemes as well as explanations of the designs and the work behind the ideas.
- In fact, I've been looking at my road map planning my drive up to Sydney, and I realised something.
- It might be compared with the modern Arnhem Land maps of the same area that I tried to find later, but which were merely a patchwork of uranium leases.
- A spokesman for the Highways Department arrived with a map with eight road humps marked in for Emily Street and four for Marborough Street.
- He grabbed a map of the City… and began mapping out an area that he was going to cover in tonight's run.
- Zonal maps and land use patterns under the master plan will be displayed.
- Think of how superior a map showing roads, terrain, rivers, and cities is to one showing just a featureless land mass.
- I found a street map of the whole area, and spent an hour looking at it.
- Well a map will help of course, but not all city maps are up to date and only the best among them provide an index of city streets.
- The military planner must have a good local city street map and aerial photos.
- City council minutes for 1911 and 1912 make no mention of any gift, and city maps do not show a park in that area of town.
- But the CIA-produced Moscow Street Guide remained by far the best map of the city.
- The Roads Management Service have put on display the revised maps for the road alterations to be carried out at Harbour Road and Manse Road.
- The maps represent arbitrary chunks of city terrain; city transit maps are included separately.
- They will come into place when all the conclusive maps of access land have been published and the Secretary of State has authorised their commencement.
- But the M25 was closed for maintenance coming back and I was forced ‘off road’ without a map.
verbo transitivo mapping, mapped, mapped
1(region/planet/coastline) trazar el mapa de(route) trazar
- Has he seen the extent of the flood plain in a one in a 100-year flood in this area, as mapped by the Environment Agency?
- This system maps an area, showing where objects, that might be mines, are.
- The act gives ramblers the right to walk freely across mapped areas of open country, including mountains, moors and registered common land.
- Because of the sprawling size of the area to be mapped, preliminary observation was done by car, and then on foot.
- And yet before the area was properly mapped, mere vigilance was not enough, as the long list of ships wrecked and lives lost proves.
- This permitted us to map the local jamming area and determine the boundaries of the jamming range.
- Each time WFCAM maps an area of sky, it will generate an image of over 250 million pixels.
- We mapped the study area using a compass, range finder, and measuring tape; the map was then analyzed in a digitized format.
- In-mine mapping revealed a similar degree of erosion down to the coal in parts of all four mapped areas, which were about 1.6 km apart.
- Although it gets quite frustrating, players will quickly learn that a fair bit of each mapped area is not accessible.
- The maps also show patterns of cancer that might escape notice if larger areas were mapped.
- We mapped the area and decided that there was a large prospect up from it about 55 kilometres long.
- An understanding of coastal landforms and the processes acting upon them can be used to map areas at risk from cliff failure, beach erosion, and flooding.
- Suppose we map an area and find that it looks like the image at right.
- He was also to map the area between Pine Creek and the West Australian border.
- The Chapman Corridor Bushcare Group plans to eventually survey and map the park to provide a picture of the park's flora health.
- Even if the area is mapped as access land, you will not be able to walk within 20m of a dwelling, or in gardens or courtyards within the curtilage of a property, unless a right of way already exists.
- Now, with the aid of oil industry technology, the area off Utah and Omaha beaches in Normandy will be mapped, revealing exactly where the tanks were buried.
- Gabbro Rock outcrops were scattered throughout the preserve but were not mapped because of their small area.
- If a house was on a noisy street, the realtor would show them one in an area so remote it probably had not yet been mapped.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!