The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1(mixture)mezcla femininecombinación feminine
- For main course I had calves liver, nice and pink, on haggis mash with caramelised shallots and boudin blanc with a beef jus, a splendid medley of complementary flavours.
- His hot climate allows peaches with a low chill requirement to develop a medley of complex flavors.
- Thick, juicy cod fillets are steamed over water that is intensely flavoured with a medley of spices, fresh herbs and aromatics.
- A bite on the little parcel brought out a medley of exotic flavours and textures that exploded in your mouth.
- It was a medley of confusion, depression and glee.
- You can grow them singly, pair a couple of compatible growers, or plant a medley of three or more comeback kids whose colors and textures complement one another.
- Of the medley of vegetables that came with my meal, boiled plus golden-roast potatoes, cauliflower, carrots etc I was particularly taken with the thin strips of crispy, crunchy red cabbage.
- Starters were cappuccino of roasted mushroom soup with beer-battered mushrooms, followed by a tangy sorbet and a medley of lobster, langoustines and mussels in saffron sauce.
- The chicken arrived sizzling and actually smelled and tasted like an East Indian chicken dish because of its medley of spices - a well-guarded house secret.
- That probably means they'll present them as a medley.
- Or do you interpret it as more twisted and ironic, a bitter medley of weather criticism, tourist blurb, and the locals' proud assertions?
- Besides, a medley of reasons such as malnutrition, lack of hygiene and awareness-all caused by illiteracy-contributes to the cases.
- The frequently brilliant and sometimes searing interviewer has a compassionate side that discomposes itself into a medley of expressions on camera.
- The chapters describing Franklin's early years are a medley of fragments, rhetorical questions, associative jumps and exclamation marks.
- The workshops vary and include a medley of things, most of which involve paper and what is called ‘mindful’ artistry.
- The mincemeat pie filling - a medley of ground meats, fruits, and spices - is soaking in brandy and rum.
- An unlikely medley of five friends, one of them is now a star, the other a businessman, the third a pilot while the remaining two are in the software industry.
- Today, cruise ships feature gourmet cuisine and what seems to be a never-ending medley of meals, along with choices for leaner menus.
- Compare and contrast with the usual medley of spin-doctors.
- On every block, there are cheery decorations, a medley of red, green, and gold.
- This group of 20 singers have been together for five years and will perform a medley of Christmas songs and classical pieces.
- They performed a medley of well known songs that got the crowd going.
- The final piece on the program was a medley of folk songs from Canada's various provinces, and went on a bit too long.
- The mass choir thrilled the jam-packed crowd with a medley of folk songs and theatrical dramatizations.
- Since there are several pieces written in the same key and style, it would be easy to combine two or three pieces and perform them as a medley of Christmas favorites.
- The young stars of the production will be singing a medley of songs from Joseph at 4pm tomorrow, on Oxenhope's millennium village green.
- The restaurant here still has a string quartet that can play a medley of songs written about the very room you're sitting in.
- In front of the house a brass band played a medley of tunes including the Hallelujah chorus, a fitting finale to a grand ride.
- After film clips showed them in wild tuxes during the 1970s, the quartet wore simple black suits to perform a medley including each of those songs.
- Blessed with a Catholic upbringing, they were soon advertising their allegiance with a medley of songs from the Celtic repertoire.
- There will be solos and medleys of war songs, a singalong, and sketches and monologues also familiar from the war years.
- I started screaming a medley of '80s Mandarin songs.
- They stop halfway down for a military marching band playing a medley of all the songs you might predict they would play.
- It was introduced by a medley from various rap songs around the place.
- A group of recent local migrants led the crowd in a medley of songs in various languages.
- Julie Andrews was received with great warmth, 38 years after Mary Poppins, as she introduced a musical medley.
- The show came back on and they performed the medley.
- The group performed a medley of its greatest hits after receiving the honour from Timberlake.
- The soundtrack consists of a medley of tunes that perfectly mesh with the tropical paradise motif.
- The sexy girl group took part in the star-studded US concert in Philadelphia, where they performed a medley of their hits.
3(in swimming)4 x 400m medley — 4 x 400m estilos
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!