The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
nounplural mementos, plural mementoes
- Therefore examples of mugs, plates and other mementos of this ‘event that never was’ are plentiful and not of great value.
- Before leaving HMS York, Caroline was presented with a signed photograph of the ship and given other mementoes to remind her of her time on board.
- All runners will collect a souvenir memento, with trophies for the first three in each of the categories in the 10 km race.
- Organisers hope the finished HMS Victory will be put on display in the town as a permanent memento of the event.
- Each winning photograph has also been enlarged and framed as a memento of the event.
- Video coverage of the event will be available as a memento of this memorable occasion.
- In the dark, you couldn't see all the smiling pictures and precious mementos that reminded her of her lost brother.
- The room was stuffed to the gills with trophies and plaques and mementos of the greatest baseball team that ever existed.
- I'm a pack-rat anyway, so it's just in my nature to keep all kinds of mementos and souvenirs around.
- Keepsakes and mementoes top the gift list during the season of celebration.
- Coun Paul Atkinson said if mayors wished to have a memento they should purchase it with their allowances.
- When I really enjoy a holiday I like to take with me some mementos of my visit.
- She still has mementos passed on to her from her mother as reminders of the couple's deep love.
- A visit to any tourist town is considered incomplete if the visitors do not purchase a few of these locally-manufactured articles to carry home as mementoes of their visit.
- After their stay the couple kept a pile of mementoes of their visit to York, including 1970s Viking Hotel leaflets and even sugar packets, along with their wedding photos.
- And as a memento of his last visit, Vasilee took with him the love for Indian instruments like sitar and sarod.
- Also at the farewell dinner the team will be presented with a specially commissioned gift as a memento of their visit to Athy.
- Mrs Taylor also received a memento of the visit, flowers and a teddy bear that has been named Leon in honour of their special guest.
- Like every family each regiment acquired mementos by which to remember its members and triumphs.
- Lukas is planning a display room in his new home for his collection of racing trophies and mementos.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!